Overeaters Anonymous

This topic can also be found under Addictive Behaviors
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Overeaters Anonymous

Post by rivergirl »

Does anyone have experience with this group, and any thoughts on pros and cons?

For the past couple of months I've been living alone for the first time in many years, and I find myself reverting to binge eating unhealthy food, behavior that I thought I'd put behind me several years ago. I've attended an OA meeting here and there in the past, but never got a sponsor or committed to the program.

Any other ideas about stopping this behavior would be welcome.
oak

Re: Overeaters Anonymous

Post by oak »

Hey!

I went to open OA meetings when I was in the gutter; it seems like they were successful people.

I'm not sure if I could abide by their 3/0/24. The food plan is a great idea.

I'm more of a WW man, myself.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
rivergirl

Post by rivergirl »

Thank you for the input, Oak. Just in the past few days I've acknowledged to myself just how disordered my eating continues to be, and how much my current weight and lack of regular exercise probably contributes to my depression.
thomasdown92
preferred pronoun: he

Post by thomasdown92 »

Even I put on a lot of weight when I moved away from home for college. With so much academic stress and peer pressure, binge-eating proved to be only source of solace. It has been 5 years since I am struggling with overeating but I finally admitted that I have a problem only a couple of weeks back. Hoping to find some ways to deal with binge-eating.

Return to “Eating Disorders”