Don't know why...

This topic can also be found under Addictive Behaviors
Cheesehead

Don't know why...

Post by Cheesehead »

but I find making myself throw up so stress-relieving! Just like after a good cry!
Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Don't know why...

Post by Cheldoll »

Our bodies vomit to get rid of bad shit inside us -- I've had the stomach flu and food poisoning enough times to know that! -- so I understand how you can feel some kind of relief afterwards. I can't reply without reminding everyone that purging is bad, though... your body will really appreciate you finding new coping mechanisms :)
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
florri

Post by florri »

The key is, however, recognizing what's going on (you have) and trying to address it. You can find other ways to cope with your emotions, and that involves therapy and behavioral modification. Finding something that can be an acceptable substitute. You can do it alone, but trust me when I say this, it's hard as fuck and can escalate by you using other destructive coping mechanisms if that's what you're prone to do. Having a therapist can be the way to guide you to something positive and recognize it when you're using something else destructive when you do not.
florri

Post by florri »

The key is, however, recognizing what's going on (you have) and trying to address it. You can find other ways to cope with your emotions, and that involves therapy and behavioral modification. Finding something that can be an acceptable substitute. You can do it alone, but trust me when I say this, it's hard as fuck and can escalate by you using other destructive coping mechanisms if that's what you're prone to do. Having a therapist can be the way to guide you to something positive and recognize it when you're using something else destructive when you do not.
Cheesehead

Post by Cheesehead »

As of right now though, I don't really want to address it or change it. All of my coping mechanisms seem to be negative ones, but right now it's much easier to cope badly then try and change things. Eventhough things have been stable with my other mental issues and I have been feeling good, I have no desire to change my self-destructive behaviors.
Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

Return to “Eating Disorders”