Is anyone out there an exercise addict?

This topic can also be found under Addictive Behaviors
Talia

Is anyone out there an exercise addict?

Post by Talia »

I would love to talk to someone who is (or was). I need some kinship and support.
fifthsonata

Re: Is anyone out there an exercise addict?

Post by fifthsonata »

GIRL I GOT YOU

Run run run, I run run run.
Talia

Post by Talia »

I have SO many questions for you. I am a new member, (2 days old!) and I am afraid of having someone I know figure out that I am the one posting... I guess that gives away the fact that i am not in recovery(?). I enjoy exercise-- it lets me eat more! What is your daily exercise schedule? How long have you been doing it?
fifthsonata

Post by fifthsonata »

Well, I know there's a serious paranoia for all of us, but if they're on this forum, there's GOT to be a reason they haven't told you about. This forum IS public, but I do run a site that is specifically for eating disorders if you'd like to join - send me a PM and I'll send you a link to it. It's completely private. Anyone can join, but the forums aren't accessible by non-members.

Um...what do I do? I prefer running, but I make a rule that I need to have a certain deficit per day, so I exercise enough to meet that deficit. My typical routine includes running 20 miles per week, but that isn't excessive....at least, I don't think? But, at home I never sit on my couch - I'm on my stationary bike. If I eat more than I intended that day I have to burn it off. If I'm too tired that day I cut back on what I eat so I can meet the deficit more easily. I mix in weight training 3x a week. I guess it's not an addiction, more of a compulsion to burn off the calories. Other people tell me I exercise too much....I do like running, though. It burns a hell of a lot of calories and it forces you to zone out of your head or the run is miserable.
Talia

Post by Talia »

I would love to send you a pm, but forum says I need to be a member longer. Maybe it's because I haven't yet created a profile.
I feel like I exercise to eat more, not to create a deficit. But food is still the thing that is responsible for the behavior. I also would consider mine a compulsion. At times I have walked more than 20 miles a day. Doing a lot less than that now, but nowhere near doing what others consider a reasonable amount of exercise.
fifthsonata

Post by fifthsonata »

BAH! Fuck reasonable.

I sent you the link!
Talia

Post by Talia »

Ha ha! I love you already. Got the link; thanks so much.
fifthsonata

Post by fifthsonata »

Have you introduced yourself yet in the forum? If so, include that you were referred so I can find you!
Talia

Post by Talia »

Just say your post and signed up as a member. Should I say referred by fifth sonata?
fifthsonata

Post by fifthsonata »

yeah, that works :)

Return to “Eating Disorders”