I have a strange feeling I've crossed a line somehow...

This topic can also be found under Addictive Behaviors
Cheesehead

I have a strange feeling I've crossed a line somehow...

Post by Cheesehead »

Tonight is the first time I have binged and purged twice in a matter of a couple of hours. What seems to be strange is the dysfunctional, childlike side of me feeling like I have achieved something in the world of bulima which I should be "proud" of. Yet the rational, adult side of me is sitting here a bit ashamed and worried that there is no going back now & to hang on it's going to be a bumpy ride!
Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: I have a strange feeling I've crossed a line somehow...

Post by manuel_moe_g »

You are not your actions that you take under the greatest of stress - you are not your bulimia. Nothing changed about your considerable positive self-worth. We here are cheering for you and for your greatest tomorrow, so don't give up on yourself, Cheesehead.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Cheesehead

Post by Cheesehead »

Thanks so much for the positive words...unfortunately I am not in the state of mind right now to be very receptive of it. But as I have always joked with therapists in the past, I'm "special" (not in a good way) the normal rules of expectations, behavior, and duties for people don't apply to me...perfection is what is expected of me. I have different rules, much more stringent ones. But I guess that there is always hope that one day those rules won't apply to me. (But I really doubt it!)
Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!
suni40

Post by suni40 »

Yet the rational, adult side of me is sitting here a bit ashamed and worried that there is no going back now & to hang on it's going to be a bumpy ride!
Whether you want to pass Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences exams our pass4sure certification can provide guaranteed success in real exam.
Bipolar1too
Issues: Bipolar 1
Anorexia
Binge Eating Disorder
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Bipolar1too »

Its funny, that 'crossed a line' feeling. A feeling I am all too familiar with. It seems so silly because at face value, we have only just crossed that line, cant we just jump back a couple of steps and un cross it? But there it sits, the deed is done and that 'mean part of your brain' suddenly becomes encouraging and positive - for all the wrong reasons. I wish I knew how to fix it, for me it always seems to come to a climax of its own after a long bumpy road - I am however becoming more aware of the line approaching these days and have been getting slowly more successful in recognising that my next actions could be making the choice that will kick off another dark out of control spiral. Then I have to find the will power to make the right decision but as you know, eating disorders and will power have a rather twisted relationship. I guess what I am trying to say is your not alone and I'm thinking of you.

Return to “Eating Disorders”