Need Encouragement

Don't be afraid to describe the way you'd like to be hugged and how it would make you feel.
WeNeedToTalk
Issues: Major Depressive Disorder, PTSD, Love Addiction, Childhood Trauma, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: she/her

Need Encouragement

Post by WeNeedToTalk »

I'm 26, a senior in college, and tomorrow I will ask my husband of barely over a year for a divorce. I've known how wrong for each other we were since we signed the marriage license. I've put myself through hell by wanting out but being unable to due to fears of how my friends and family will react, the fear of being alone, the fear of failure, and the fear of removing my husband from my life because I do care deeply for him. I know that separating now is best but I could use some encouragement to give me the final push I need to go through with it.

Thanks
-WeNeedToTalk
oak

Re: Need Encouragement

Post by oak »

It is time to use your words. Good luck.

Someday this will be in your rear view mirror.

Just one bit of advice: you'll probably want to consult a lawyer first.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: Need Encouragement

Post by brownblob »

Marriage is a lifetime commitment. If you know it is not going to work it is better to end it now than to let it drag on for years. Don't let your fears trap you in a bad marriage and unhappy life. You need to take care of yourself. You will not be alone forever. Life will go on and you will meet other people. I know this is not easy. Good Luck.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"

Return to “I Just Really Need a Hug”