I have no friends.

Don't be afraid to describe the way you'd like to be hugged and how it would make you feel.
Antiqua
Issues: Childhood sexual abuse, depression, self harm, rape, PTSD, binging, anxiety
preferred pronoun: she

Re: I have no friends.

Post by Antiqua »

It’s nearly impossible to make friends when you have no friends, because no one wants to befriend someone who has no friends to begin with.
Maddie123 - I know that you can be a good friend. You will find that person.

Soccer557 - My friends scattered to the far ends of the globe after high school. I really enjoy hearing about people who once a year meet up with a college friend. We should promote that togetherness.

bigeekgirl - How to find these support groups that Paul talks about?

Today I thought that Paul is my friend. I listened to several podcasts in the past, but today I listened to the June 1 podcast with Tracy McCubbin and I was touched when I heard Paul laugh or sensed that he was smiling. I also enjoy his stern voice because I know that he is showing us that he is angry against stigma or anything that hurts others. I even got used to his four letter words. lol
Be brave, be kind, be true, be you.
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Re: I have no friends.

Post by bigeekgirl »

Finding a support group really depends on which issue is causing you the most trouble and what's available in your area. There's groups for just about anything.

If you are in the US, National Alliance on Mental Illness (nami.org) is a good place to start.

You would also qualify for assistance with Rainn.org which is an organization for sexual assault/abuse survivors.

There's also 100s of different kinds of 12 step groups, including for sexual abuse survivors and self-harm and all sorts of things. You can google "support group for x" or "12 step for x" and find all sorts of stuff. It's actually kind of amazing how many issues folks gather to help each other with, you know?

There's also a cool site/app for online 12 step meetings called In The Rooms (intherooms.com) that's got a lot of information about various types of groups. To me, codependents anonymous (coda.org) or adult child of alcoholics and dysfunctional families (adultchildren.org) are pretty much appropriate for anyone since it's all about those funky, not feeling okay being ourselves feeling.

If you need help sorting though the options more specifically, feel free to send me a PM, or if you just want to talk more privately. :-)

Return to “I Just Really Need a Hug”