Bookending: migraines?: Doctor visit Monday.

Don't be afraid to describe the way you'd like to be hugged and how it would make you feel.
oak

Bookending: migraines?: Doctor visit Monday.

Post by oak »

My dear friend!

May I borrow some courage for the next 24 hours as I face a difficult doctor visit this time tomorrow?

I have good reason to believe I have migraines, or something similar that really sucks.

My goal is to go to the doctor, and write down (and later, implement) everything he recommends.

Please send courage.

Thanks <3
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: Bookending: migraines?: Doctor visit Monday.

Post by brownblob »

Sending you courage, but I know you don't really need it. You've been through tougher days.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
oak

Re: Bookending: migraines?: Doctor visit Monday.

Post by oak »

Thank you, Brownblob.

It went great. I got a new nurse practitioner, and he was great. He actually cared, and listened to me.

While he suggested a CAT scan, sometime in the next few months, he stated that my symptoms sure sound like migraines.

That sucks, but at least I have a diagnosis and a way now to move forward. This is my chance, at age 42, to make the changes he recommended, and that I hear from everyone: more exercise and healthy eating, less stress.

He asked several times if I had anything else going on, health-wise, and I remembered more and more. We definitely have a way to move forward.

Thanks for listening, friends.

I declare this bookend to be successfully closed!
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “I Just Really Need a Hug”