Hard week upcoming at work: encouragement/love?

Don't be afraid to describe the way you'd like to be hugged and how it would make you feel.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Hard week upcoming at work: encouragement/love?

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Good luck, Oak! Great use of intentionality!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
oak

Post by oak »

Thanks Manuel Moe!

I just had my last day at my job, and it was one of the best days of my life. It was one of the most amazing, kind, loving, warm days I've ever experienced.

The kindness they showed to me is so strong it almost hurts: I can't move.

They had a little party for me, cake, cards, and gifts. I got about 200-300 emails from endusers, some saying they were moved to tears for being sad for losing me and happy that I'm pursuing my dream. Some of the things they said in the emails I'll remember for the rest of my life. It is so beautiful.

And to think I was ready to quit before my two weeks were up!

I couldn't have expected the love they showed me. Corporate America is a tough place, and the Karens got to me the last few months, but then life just goes and surprises you.

Love, being crafty, will show up at the least expected places at the least expected times and surprise and astonish even the most jaded person.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

You put tremendous courage and passion into the universe, and now you are reaping the rewards. I am really moved. This is so great!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Oak,

Whoo Hoo! I'm so glad for you! This job situation has really been weighing on you for such a long time.

It's always a pleasant surprise when you learn that people appreciate your efforts, right? I'm always second-guessing myself when doing things, and the critical "never enough" voice is usually in the background somewhere...

So, onward & upward, and wishing you fulfilling engagement in your new position!

Regards

SD

Return to “I Just Really Need a Hug”