Heaven I Need A Hug

Don't be afraid to describe the way you'd like to be hugged and how it would make you feel.
psm45

Heaven I Need A Hug

Post by psm45 »

Today I had give a cat that Ive feel in love with away to a shelter. The cat adopted me actually. About a month ago he started showing up at my door out of nowhere, every since then we've been good friends. The only problem is live with my grandmother and shes terrified of cats. She really put pressure on me to get rid of it. Ive been trying to find a good no kill shelter for him but they're all filled to capacity. So I ended up leaving him at this shelter, and as soon as I walked in place I had a bad feeling. The staff was friendly but wasn't very compassionate toward the animal. I fought back tears and felt sick in the stomach signing him over until I just broke down in the car...every since then I've been feeling really sad and my depression is starting to take over. I loved how he ran to the door everytime I opened it and trusted me so. He really helped me feel better about myself and I just gave him away to some shitty shelter.I feel like I let him down by not taking him to a better shelter, but I did the best I could. Frankly Im just missing him and could use a hug or a shoulder to cry on (it's okay for guys to cry right?)
Mr. E

Re: Heaven I Need A Hug

Post by Mr. E »

Totally okay for guys to cry!!! Takes a real man to shed tears...only cowards are afraid to show they have feelings.

Big Safe Hugs (((*hugs* )))

I had to surrender a dog because he happened to be part pit bull and we could not keep him in the apartment we moved to. Broke my heart.

Understanding and sending good thoughts your way
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Cheldoll »

Hugs!!

I did volunteer work for a no-kill shelter years ago and people would cry when they had to bring their animals in. It's hard to say goodbye to someone you love -- cat or human or whatever. I'm sad to hear that your grandmother wouldn't let you keep him, but I can tell you did your best for the little guy.
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
marathonbar

Post by marathonbar »

Big hugs to you.
I'm ready to live a life of joy.

Return to “I Just Really Need a Hug”