Broke off first real adult relationship since...

Don't be afraid to describe the way you'd like to be hugged and how it would make you feel.
MCspeaks

Broke off first real adult relationship since...

Post by MCspeaks »

This past weekend I ended the first real adult relationship I've had since getting treatment for my depression. Other than a brief relationship at the beginning of college, I have been single for the past 9 years. I really went through some painful periods on my own and finally got help. After some time I finally starting testing the dating waters and after several months of misses, I met someone great, who I love and care about deeply. We were together for 6 months and while logically I knew the break up was in both our best interests, I've haven't been prepared for this HUGE onslaught of emotions that I've never really experienced. All the stages of grief are hitting me at once, making me question my decision, cry at the drop of hat, and not sleep well.

This is the first time I've dealt with such strong painful emotions, not directly related to my depression, and it makes me feel so small. In addition, my days are currently spent at a miserable job and I feel like I've blocked out my only ray of sunshine...

HUGS PLEASE.
I'd love any feedback you may have on my blog on depression-- http://speakfordepression.blogspot.com/

"Taking to pieces is for those who cannot construct" -RWE
duck1

Re: Broke off first real adult relationship since...

Post by duck1 »

Big hug. It will get better.
oak

Re: Broke off first real adult relationship since...

Post by oak »

Hugs MC.

There is no hurt like romantic-loss hurt.

Grieve, feel your hurt and pain. You have a right to your feelings.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “I Just Really Need a Hug”