Miss feeling this kind of love.

Don't be afraid to describe the way you'd like to be hugged and how it would make you feel.
barghest

Miss feeling this kind of love.

Post by barghest »

I've been feeling so alone because my first real relationship just ended. We were together for two and a half years, and it felt like as things started to get worse for me, mentally, he started to pull apart. He stopped showing affection, and eventually he stopped even telling me he loved me. I was miserable when we decided to split, but now I'm miserable without him, too. I miss him so much, but I'm also furious because it feels like his love was only valid when I was "normal." I miss feeling loved like that.
brave-girl-living

Re: Miss feeling this kind of love.

Post by brave-girl-living »

That is an incredibly hard and painful thing to go through and I am sending great big hugs your way. I hope you can find peace and healing and then continue to learn, grown and experience life fully :) I hope you have friends and family around you supporting and caring for you through this. Even if he loved you only when you were "normal" (which could just be a "feeling" as you say and not reality) that would be about HIS short comings and problems and NOT about your worth. Your worth is as full as ever :)
Vonnesky

Post by Vonnesky »

Lots of hugs to you!

I know this feeling very well, and my heart goes out to you. <3
norskheks

Post by norskheks »

I'm in a similar spot -- first relationship, two and a half years, just ended. It suuuuuucks. Here's to both of us hanging in there <3 *hugs* <3
Vonnesky

Post by Vonnesky »

Hugs to you too, norskehks. :)
Layla

Post by Layla »

I can relate to those feelings, and I had a recent breakup as well. My partner also struggled with depression and anxiety (like me). I did not have the emotional support that I could have used from him in the end of the relationship, and instead experienced his coldness and irritability. It was painful for me, but I know there are people out there who can be supportive emotionally, too. My friends and family have been incredible, for example. Sorry to hear that you experienced something so hurtful following a first relationship...just know that other people are not going to treat you this way, and you deserve someone who is supportive.

Return to “I Just Really Need a Hug”