Fears of a dirty old man

Create a new topic to list your fears or just comment on other people's.
Elmer68
Issues: multiple sclerosis
preferred pronoun: he

Fears of a dirty old man

Post by Elmer68 »

From elmer, male, age 46

I’m afraid of the MS becoming progressively worse to the point in which I can no longer walk or control bodily functions

I’m afraid that if I have a severe MS attack I will lose everything including the roof over my head and a safe place for myself and my cat

I’m afraid that while I’m alive LA will experience a massive earthquake that will severely damage the infrastructure of the county.

I’m afraid that my antisocial introversion when it comes to relationships will damage my ability to ever have another relationship as long as I live.

I’m afraid that my last days will be exactly like those that my father experienced- alone and miserable in a dank depressing convalescent home that can only be escaped from by one’s death.

I’m afraid that I will become so far gone I will lose the ability to ever have a close friendship again.

I'm afraid that I have spent so much time and money on strip clubs and prostitutes that I will not longer be able to be open with others about my sexual past.

I’m afraid that in my old age I will develop Alzheimer’s disease, afflicted my grandfather.

I’m afraid that I lose my ability to speak, write and reason intelligibly.

I’m afraid that in my lifetime that the nation and the world will experience a severe financial collapse the likes of which the world has never seen.

I am afraid that I have passed up my chance to experience true love more than once

I’m afraid that my taste in the opposite sex is so sheltered and ageist that I have damned myself to live a life alone whether I like it or not.

I’m afraid that my financial recklessness will lead me to spend my final years in dire poverty.

I’m afraid that I will grow so dependent on Ambien and Zoloft that life without it is completely unthinkable

I’m afraid that I will grow more and more dimwitted and oblivious as well as completely indifferent to said fact

I’m afraid what if the day ever comes to download one’s brain for that sake of immortality I will have so little grey matter that I can be safely tossed in time’s discard tray and be forgotten.
DeviantDaisy
Issues: PTSD, CSA that carried on into adulthood.
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Fears of a dirty old man

Post by DeviantDaisy »

I'm sorry. Fear sucks but try not to let it control you. Whatever you concentrate on manifests. So think about what you do want instead of what you don't. Easier said than done, I know.

Take care.
Some dreams are not for sleeping,
some nights are not for rest,
some stories are better left inside.
Elmer68

Post by Elmer68 »

Thanks. I should be I therapy as I have a job with medical benefits. I should stop making excuses. but I am very good at that. being a flake and a fucksbout,
my pissy remarks aside, Thanks for writing
Elmer68
Elmer68

Post by Elmer68 »

Oh yeah, and I should use spell-check!
TJ248
Issues: Addiction Issues

Post by TJ248 »

"I’m afraid that my financial recklessness will lead me to spend my final years in dire poverty."
Try to save money now to prevent it.

Return to “Fear Off”