Recurring dreams that might mean something

To start a discussion post a new topic, otherwise just comment on other people's.
The Grim Snark

Recurring dreams that might mean something

Post by The Grim Snark »

There are a couple recurring dreams I have on a pretty regular basis. I think they are my subconscious trying to tell me something, but I can't figure what. The details change, but the major themes stay the same.

Dream #1 - I'm in a building that in the dream I am familiar with. I find a door I haven't noticed before. Behind is a room furnished appropriately to the building, but which appears to serve no purpose. On the opposite wall is another door that leads to another, similar room. As I go through successive doors, they rooms become less complete. First the rooms are unfurnished, then unpainted, then have no drywall, then just studs without electrical cables. The number of rooms I pass through would require the building to be much larger than it appears from the outside.

Dream #2 - I'm trying to do some mundane task, but in order to accomplish it, I have to go through an absurdly complex procedure. For example in one dream I am trying to get across town for a job interview. In order to do it, I have to take a ridiculously complex route, involving several changes of types of transportation, at one point including a roller coaster. As the dream progresses, I feel increasing anxiety about getting to the interview on time.
motormom

Re: Recurring dreams that might mean something

Post by motormom »

Wow! Sounds involving. You remember lots of details.
Your dreams are always your subconscious telling you something. The question is, what? And you are the only one that could figure that out. You need to ask yourself what feelings come up with the dream. What's going on that would cause those feelings to come up?
I have dreams all the time and they are good indicators to how I will be feeling the next day or few days. Even when I'm feeling OK, if I have a certain dream then I know I'm headed down...
Dreams are windows into a deep part of us that, if we're in touch with that, can bring a lot of awareness.
cry baby

Re: Recurring dreams that might mean something

Post by cry baby »

Your first dream sounds like the building is representative of yourself. You see the first room, which is normal & what's expected, but then you come to see you can be much more complex, have plenty of room to grow & build yourself, & create more elaborate, interesting, & unique parts of yourself.

You're second dream seems like you are trying to find your way to an ideal change or new start to your life via interview, but you're unsure off the path to that change. The path is so complex & daunting that it is hard for you to find your way. I think we focus so much on trying to get to our ideal destination, that we forget to take time & care while we're on the path to that place.

Good luck ;-)

Return to “I Want to Share a Dream I Had or Keep Having”