sex

To start a discussion, post a new topic.
Jenny Jump

sex

Post by Jenny Jump »

I just got out of detox for sex addiction. Checked myself in to my local mental health hospital because I couldn't take it anymore. Insurance only paid for 8 days, so I didn't get much treatment, but enough to put me on my feet and look for SAA meetings. Does anyone here have sex/relationship addictions? This is a new development for me, but something I've always struggled with. I have been sober from alcohol for 20 years, but never wanted to admit I was addicted to relationships and sex. Since getting out of treatment, I've closed all of my online dating accounts and had a friend come over and help me delete all of my hook up numbers from my phone. It's so weird to have so much recovery in my life but have no recovery in this other area of my life.
"I know what I am, I know what you think I am, but I refuse to be that simple." -Nomy Lamm
Jenny Jump

Re: sex

Post by Jenny Jump »

No one has replied, but it looks like plenty have read. Since that last post, I've racked up 6 months of sexual sobriety in a support group and am doing much better. I don't come around the forum too much because part of my addiction took place online scoping out and dating people from online dating sites, so sometimes I'm just scared of getting too involved in a community. I know there are other sex addicts around here, will some of you please come forward?
"I know what I am, I know what you think I am, but I refuse to be that simple." -Nomy Lamm
fifthsonata

Post by fifthsonata »

I know there are a few on the site I linked you!
Hail Ceasar
Issues: Mild body dysmorphia and intrusive thoughts
preferred pronoun: He

Post by Hail Ceasar »

Jenny, hope some other sex addicts have PM'd you or you found them some other way. I do have a question though; being totally ignorant about the addiction. Is this something that you battle against all day long or does it intensify at certain times of day or specific triggers, etc?
inmymind
Issues: Depression, anxiety, intimate relationships.
preferred pronoun: He

Post by inmymind »

Jenny,

Great job in working on your addiction. If you don't mind, I'd like to understand more what is involved in that, and briefly hear your story. I'll PM you.
artephius
Issues: sex, alcohol, anxiety, depresssion
preferred pronoun: he

Post by artephius »

Count me in to the 'dick'-scussion (disc-'suction'?).
I'm overwhelmed by intrusive sexual thoughts and my wife and half of humanity are my triggers.
Just getting started on dealing with this; it has gotten out of hand and hurt my relationship with my wife.

Return to “Addictive Substances”