Dr. Phil and Dr. Drew

Create a new topic if it isn't listed.
Livian82

Re: Dr. Phil and Dr. Drew

Post by Livian82 »

Oh so Dr Phil may not actually be a doctor... but I think using the title makes it easier for viewers to take his word as an authority on his subjects. To me he's a freakshow host. He may have started with minor dysfunctionals but now he's out there baiting the worst people for ratings. I don't think his on going treatments are legit either.

Don't know much about Dr Drew except him being vilified for all the celebrity deaths he tried to prevent. How many other physicians have to cope with the reality their patients may still die despite their help? I think half those people didn't want to be saved tbh.
ghughes1980
Issues: Physical disability, mental disability, depression, anxiety, PTSD
preferred pronoun: He

Post by ghughes1980 »

Dr. Drew lost me, I just can't listen to his show anymore. His takes on topic have a bend to them that just urk me now.
lance

Post by lance »

Drew interviewed a celebrity who has Celiac disease. I can't remember her name, but she claims CBS fired her from a show I've never watched because of the complications from having Celiac and being exposed to gluten. During that attack interview Drew was the biggest horse's ass I've ever seen. His knowledge of Celiac could not have been worse, and he kept throwing in "I'm a doctor" and "I know this because I'm a doctor" when he didn't know his ass from his elbow regarding Celiac. He acted like being a Celiac was a personal choice. It's not. I sure as hell don't want Celiac on top of the NLD and RLS. Drew, in my humble opinion is a dipshit fucktard asshat.

And Country Phil, fuck him too. He jumps to a usually erroneous conclusion about someones condition, makes them look stupid, then gives bad advice. And fuck Dr. Oz, too. Wishy washy magic thinking celebrity hound.

The only TV doc who I respect is Sanjay Gupta, Dammit.
ghughes1980
Issues: Physical disability, mental disability, depression, anxiety, PTSD
preferred pronoun: He

Post by ghughes1980 »

My great aunt has Celiac Disease, it seems to run every aspect of her eating. I didn't know how much gluten was in processed food it's quite a lot.
lance

Post by lance »

It really is in everything. Who knew Twizzlers were made out of flour? It is a very difficult diet to be on, it's expensive and the gluten free breads and stuff don't always taste very good. Gluten free pizza does not taste like what I remember pizza tasting like, but that was 35 years ago since I last had a 'real' pizza. Best wished to your aunt.

Return to “The Mental Burden of a Non-Mental Health Issue”