Toxic Family

Before posting a new topic, make sure a similar one doesn't already exist here or in another forum thread more specific to the issue.
Longsally
Issues: toxic family
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Toxic Family

Post by Longsally »

Wanted to update...mom passed away Thanksgiving morning. Before she died she apologized to me, took full responsibility for her actions against me as a child and admitted that she was mostly responsible for the relationship I now have with my sisters. I went to see her Tuesday and I asked middle sister about papers, etc and what I got was a lecture from her about how I was inappropriate because mom wasn’t gone yet and NOTHING should be touched or gone through until that happened. I completely agreed with her. I went home and oldest sister arrived to visit mom and by the next aftetnoon while Mom was still living they both went and emptied out moms safety deposit box without me...why am I not surprised. They then went to her condo and opened her personal safe....again without me....per the will, I am to have all the furniture. Middle sister went and took moms bed stating that she gave it to mom as a housewarming gift three years ago and she was taking it back. She also had taken moms laptop, television etc. headed to the funeral as I am
Typing this and feeling sick.....will this ever end?????
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

Longsally,
I'm so sorry for your loss and for the situation with your sisters. I hope you have people you can reach out to for support outside of your family. Please take care of yourself.

rivergirl
Longsally
Issues: toxic family
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Longsally »

I just wanted to update. My sisters and I have been forced to work together to settle my mother‘s estate. It’s been very trying. An example would be when middle sister called me up and said “ well I decided to keep mom‘s laptop but don’t worry she has the other laptop and I’ve already charged it up for you.” And I asked when they were purchased and she informed me they were only purchased one year apart. When I hung up the phone with her I immediately called Apple who informed me that one computer was purchased in 2017 and the other one was purchased in 2009. That’s correct, they are eight years apart in age and the older one cannot be brought up to current operating standards and she’s decided she’s keeping the newer one.
Or there was the fact that my mother left all the furniture in her condo to me because she had already given both sisters multiple pieces and before I could even get there my sister took my mothers mattress boxspring and headboard stating “I bought mom the headboard as a housewarming gift and I’m taking it back and I need the mattress and box spring for family to sleep on when they come in for the funeral “. When the funeral was over I took the mattress back here to the house only to discover it was not my mothers. It was a cheap $95 mattress that my older son slept on for one day before the corner of it collapsed and it had to be thrown out.
I am just waiting at this time for the actual money to come in and my mom’s condo to be sold so I can finally to cut ties.

Return to “Family Troubles”