My dad and I pretty much hate each other.

Before posting a new topic, make sure a similar one doesn't already exist here or in another forum thread more specific to the issue.
lostflames

My dad and I pretty much hate each other.

Post by lostflames »

When I was 12, I started getting into drugs and drinking and being irresponsible and immature (granted... I was 12), so being that way, my dad distanced himself from me. All him and I ever did was fight.
When I was 16, about to turn 17, I started pulling my head out of my ass and doing better.
Went to school, graduated early, got a scholarship, am going to college, taking care of myself, listening to my parents (even though I'm 18), etc.
And yet my dad and I still hardly get along. No matter how good I do or for how long, he constantly brings my past up and fucking throws it in my face.
I find myself repeating, "That was years ago, I'm not like that anymore." "I haven't done that in years." and he always brings up the most irrelevant stuff from horrible points in my life and it fills me with rage.
No matter what I do, I will never be good enough for him because I was a "demon" for 4 years in my teenage years.

Whoop-de-doo, get over it.

We literally only talk when we need something from one another, otherwise we're arguing. Not as bad as it used to be, but it's still not very good.
Luckily I have my mom. They're still together and have been for like 20-30 years, but my mom has always been the easier one to talk to.

Is it bad to say I wish my parents got a divorce? I mean, my dad is out of town for the weekend and my mom and I are already going along perfectly. The house is quiet, calm, and just peaceful..
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: My dad and I pretty much hate each other.

Post by manuel_moe_g »

You don't deserve to have the worst parts of your childhood thrown back in your face. Please take care, all the best.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “Family Troubles”