Fish oils may help. If so, let us know.

ScottMentalPod

Fish oils may help. If so, let us know.

Post by ScottMentalPod »

Can you please try taking fish oil and tell us if it works for you or not?

Thanks

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/hea ... -with-ADHD

"Six months ago Helen also started giving George the product Equazen, a blend of omega-3 and omega-6 oils used in the new study.
Helen, 40, a teaching assistant from Yeovil in Somerset, says: “Within a month we started to see a difference. He seems to be pushing himself more. He hated writing but now he has started to write more and read little stories.
However MRI scans confirm that children diagnosed with ADHD have less co-ordinated activity between areas of the brain governing decision making and the ability to control impulses.”
AlmostWell

Re: Fish oils may help. If so, let us know.

Post by AlmostWell »

I tired it. I didn't see much of a difference. Then I freaked out when I read the studies showing excessive fish oils is responsible for tripling the risk of prostate cancer in men...so I stopped.
JustanotherDave

Post by JustanotherDave »

I've tried taking fish oil, mega-dosing, didn't make any difference (for me). Or if it did, it was barely noticeable - nothing compared to medication, which actually helps me cope with life. But I think its worth anyone trying anyway, because if it works for you, it's a heck of a lot cheaper than the medication I take.
ScottMentalPod

Post by ScottMentalPod »

Thanks for responding! I think it helps others to realize taking prescribed medication is the only real option for most people.

Return to “ADD/ADHD”