Discovery of Attention Differential brain/personality

JimmyTheNeurotypical

Discovery of Attention Differential brain/personality

Post by JimmyTheNeurotypical »

Greetings

I have spent a great deal of thought and effort learning about the autistic spectrum, and the discovery of aspie talent/personality via Dr.s Attwood and Grey.

While learning about PTSD, further down my path of self comprehension, I came across some ideas about ADD. The site was PTSD.net. It no longer exists right now. In essence, the concept was that ADD isn't a disorder. It is a type of mind. It is not a deficit of attention. What it is, is a relative inability to place attention on items other than a problem of interest.

This strikes me as a particular breed of aspie talent. Uniquely presented executive function. So AD brain is not quite aspie and also not quite neurotypical. It is its own branch. Further, the ad brain seems to fall into the dissociation spectrum. The ptsd.net site presented observations of ADHD PTSD sufferers. It literally is a talent of dissociation, separation from full reality into absorption in the thing of interest that will consume almost all thought and effort. This overlaps aspie spectrum in the realm of special interest, persistence of thought.

The nice thing about us is, feeling. The item of interest is driven by emotional currency. I am generalizing now, I feel strongly as InFp and AD brain that it is the prevailing personality. My whole life I've been labeled adhd and was highly medicated as a child. This combined with extreme emotional neglect and sexual abuse after my mother died, warped me highly, to the point I lost sight of how to be me, how to be happy and physically authentic. I think that experience is also shared among many AD brain... We don't quite fit. The expectations of our family, school, or other cultural forces do not agree with our passion... We are perpetually subjected to co-ambition and a lack of encouragement to pursue what makes us happy. This is a shame...
ScottMentalPod

Re: Discovery of Attention Differential brain/personality

Post by ScottMentalPod »

I'm still trying to decide what ADD is. http://www.reddit.com/r/ADHD/
work in progress
Issues: poly sexual trauma survivor, PTSD, anxiety, depression, love addiction, trust
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Discovery of Attention Differential brain/personality

Post by work in progress »

Jimmy you totally nailed it. That describes me completely and a few of my co-workers who are nurses and completely amazing in their specialty. People don't understand that and think we are just OCD. But in reality we are just damn good at our jobs. People are unable to process all the information the same way we do nor do they keep up with us on a good day.

Return to “ADD/ADHD”