issues with adderall(?)

ThunderPig

issues with adderall(?)

Post by ThunderPig »

HI
My doc put me on 10mg of Adderall a few days ago. Since then, I've noticed that, despite a big difference in focus and productivity already, my mind feels sort of blank, disconnected, and dull. She did also increase my Lamectal from 100mg to 125mgs, which I know could be the culprit, but it's such a small increase that I can't imagine it causing this much of a difference. I'm also noticing that I'm having a hard time formulating sentences properly (saying things out of order/saying the wrong word). Maybe this is normal for the first few days/weeks while I adjust? Has anyone else experienced this?
skrumcd

Re: issues with adderall(?)

Post by skrumcd »

Coming from extensive experience, this sounds like an anxious response to the med and maybe try breaking the doses in half? Also, ADD'ers tend to relax and sometimes get really tired after dosing simply because they now have peace and quiet in their minds rather than constantly tying to process each incoming stimulus. If you weren't getting enough rest previous to taking the med I could see that as a probable scenario. Regardless, first and foremost, keep things in check with your doctor.
ahsospicesospice

Post by ahsospicesospice »

I currently take 10mg adderall as well. Well actually, I stopped taking it because I'm lazy but I know I should be cause it helps when I do.

Anyway, I find that 10mg can be too much a lot of the time. I probably turn each 10mg pill into AT LEAST 4 individual doses. I find that that is just enough to get my brain stimulated enough and energized to complete the work I need to get done. Though no matter what, I know what you mean feeling zoned out. I like to say that adderall will help you get shit done, you just won't always have a say over what that shit is, because you'll be in your room trying to read a book and all of a sudden it's 2 hours later and you just completely reorganized, dusted, and vacuumed your room.

I think taking smaller doses, and maybe setting a timed reminder on your phone for every hour or two, just telling you to mentally check in with "Am I doing stuff I should be doing, or have I been stuck on this one task for far too long".

Hope that helps!
Adam

Post by Adam »

I don't know that the feelings are related to the Adderall, but it's certainly possible. Different drugs work for different people in different ways.

I have never heard of anyone getting tired after dosing. That may be another instance of people being on the wrong meds.

My experience has been a focus and a clarity that I did not have before. If I think of a task, I actually get up and do it, whereas before, I would think about it, then think about something else.. maybe nap.. as a matter of fact, when I DON'T take Adderall, I tend to be very lazy and unmotivated.

I think I'm on 15mg XR, which makes a big difference. My doctor has explained to me the difference between the regular pills and the XR. On regular adderall, I start to get tired as soon as it starts to wear off. On the XR, I can get through the day, and I don't have the same "coming down" feeling at the end. We tried me on a slightly higher dosage, but it may have been too much. On the other hand, I'm a bit concerned, because using writing as a measuring guide, that's going downhill again.

Don't rule out the other medication. Even though the doses are small, it doesn't take much to make a significant difference. I've tried several very low doses of some anti anxiety meds, and even adjusting something slightly made a noticeable difference.
blackbee045

Post by blackbee045 »

They now have peace and quiet in their minds rather than constantly tying to process each incoming stimulus. If you weren't getting enough rest previous to taking the med I could see that as a probable scenario. Regardless, first and foremost, keep things in check with your doctor.
Are you worried about 642-427 braindumps exam prep and LPI certification practice test? Black River Technical College out our latest resources
gregdforever

Post by gregdforever »

Try taking half doses but most importantly see the doctor who prescribed you and tell her your situation because the doctor can be of all the help you need with medicine. I myself was prescribed to use Axepta 10 which works for me really well. here is more information about it https://www.rxstars.net/axepta-10-mg-re ... -disorder/ Hope you will find peace with your medication

Return to “ADD/ADHD”