Hi all

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
AntisocialWorker
Issues: Depression; anxiety that has features of GAD, social and PTSD
preferred pronoun: He

Hi all

Post by AntisocialWorker »

I feel tired, depressed, compulsive and hopeless. I'm a social worker but I got fired from my job yesterday because I have sleep issues that kept making me arrive late for work. I'm feeling really dysfunctional - my apartment is a mess, I have unpaid bills, I'm behind on rent and I can't seem to get myself to do anything positive. What's really scaring me is I've been depressed most of my life but it feels like I'm becoming less and less capable.

I also feel like I'm in a fog and I can't think clearly or creatively. And I feel like there's something repulsive about me that prevents others from wanting to help me, because I seem to be on my own right now.

I know I'm not seeing things clearly, but it feels good to just spill all my thoughts, even if many of them are irrational. It also helps to see other people's posts. So thanks all for reading and writing.
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: Hi all

Post by brownblob »

I'm sorry to hear you lost your job and are behind on your bills. I know the depressed hopeless feeling and just wanted to say welcome to the board.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
AntisocialWorker
Issues: Depression; anxiety that has features of GAD, social and PTSD
preferred pronoun: He

Post by AntisocialWorker »

Thank you so much. It helps just knowing you took the time to send me a message. Hopefully things start to get easier.
Michigander
Issues: OCD presenting as severe ruminations; social anxiety
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Michigander »

Dude, I feel ya. Depression is a bitch, and that brain fog that comes with it....rugh.

I do have a suggestion for you on the job front. A lot of companies hire work from home phone agents (just google). I work from home and it has helped a lot with my depression and social anxiety. Plus....not having to shower everyday is a huge perk because sometimes, just getting out of bed to walk to my office bedroom 3 steps away is enough for me to want to go back to bed.
hobojungle
Issues: Depression. Anxiety. Agoraphobia. Possible ASD.
preferred pronoun: Lady

Post by hobojungle »

I am sorry you are experiencing this pain AntiSocialWorker.

I respectfully disagree with ThirdEye. If only getting a hobby cured depression/mental disturbance! It's this "well-meaning" but totally misguided advice that helps keep people with depression/mental disturbance ashamed & stuck. If I may give advice to ThirdEye, I would say: educate yourself about mental illness & listen to the podcast. Sorry if I am coming across harshly, but this is a topic I know of what I speak. I am passionate about it because it is a struggle I face every day. (& I have hobbies too!) Thank you.
I am acceptable; you are acceptable.

Return to “Introducing yourself!”