Where have you been all of my life?

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
roomin8r
Issues: Angst, Despair, Fear, Dread, the usual
preferred pronoun: She

Where have you been all of my life?

Post by roomin8r »

Just heard Paul Gilmartin on NPR Live Wire. I can't wait to tell all of my friends and family about this site and the podcasts. My entire family is whacked/blessed by what my dad referred to the Black Dog of depression. It's great to be alive at a time where there are awesome meds and people like Paul stepping out of the darkness to shed some light on this all-to-common condition. My favorite people are a little left of center. I no longer strive for normalcy. Humor is the salve for this soul-sickness. Well, that and Prozac, and like-minded people to share with. I look forward to getting to know you all. Thanks, Paul. Your wife is right. NEVER give this up :clap:
aiden
Issues: depression
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Where have you been all of my life?

Post by aiden »

Yeah, I found this site about 2 months ago when I felt my depression deepening and it's really helped a lot.
Sir-knob-head
Issues: Life long fuck up. Anxiety. Depression. Suicide
preferred pronoun: Fuckwit

Re: Where have you been all of my life?

Post by Sir-knob-head »

I found the podcast on Keith and the girl late last year

I was at an all time low ( being dragged off a cliff just weeks earlier) and since listening. Have continued to cone slowly out of my hole.

I second every word you said!

Return to “Introducing yourself!”