Totes F'd up... but also fine! (Sort of.)

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
theefamousperson

Totes F'd up... but also fine! (Sort of.)

Post by theefamousperson »

Hi, all...
I'm not really famous, as my user name implies.
It's a lyric from a They Might Be Giants song-- maybe you have heard of them?

Well, anyway-- I just thought I'd explain that so you don't
a) think I'm some kind of Famous Person lurking around this site, looking for movie ideas or anything (fueling your possible feelings of narcissism, concerning having a major motion picture made about your life) and
b) feel that I'm conveying to you the same narcissism I just described, above, or
c) judge me in any way, anyway. Whatever. Actually, on this topic, I don't care if you do or not! 8-)

I've been listening for a few years now, donating to a point within my means. I should really say that I've been listening and loving the show, and all the weird, hilarious guests, and Paul endearing idiosyncrasies; but this is the first time I've contributed to the forum, so HAAAAAAAAYYY!!
You are my people, like it or lump it, as I am yours, you fucked-up crazies. I love you.

Have a nice day, or whatever.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Re: Totes F'd up... but also fine! (Sort of.)

Post by rivergirl »

Welcome to the forum, theefamous person!

They Might Be Giants have some great lyrics, even for their kid's songs ... "I'm a long-haired hippie kitten/I'm on a secret mission/To make a valentine for everyone on earth/I'm sitting in my window with my kitten arms akimbo/My paw is tired from all this Valentine's work."

Hope you'll share more about your life here on the forum.

rivergirl (aka just another fucked-up crazy!)
Millibee
Issues: PTSD, bulimia, depression, anxiety, OCD, self injury, suicidal ideation, DD-NOS.
preferred pronoun: They/them

Re: Totes F'd up... but also fine! (Sort of.)

Post by Millibee »

Hi!

I am new here too, just figuring out how it all works. :)

They might be giants aren't a band I know well but I like what I have heard.

Return to “Introducing yourself!”