Climbing out of my cave, trying to find my life & myself...

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
TwistedUnicorn
Issues: Depression, Anxiety, Borderline PD, PTSD, Sexual trauma
preferred pronoun: She

Climbing out of my cave, trying to find my life & myself...

Post by TwistedUnicorn »

Hi everyone,
I have been hiding in my cave, listening to the podcast for quite a while now. Hearing the stories of others helps me to feel less alone with my own. I have been through so much negative stuff in my past that I've been fighting with depression, anxiety, & PTSD since I was about 14, I am now nearly 39. I have had two abusive marriages & divorces. Right now I am fighting a bunch of medical problems in addition to my mental illness. I have been in therapy several times, but recently for a little over a year and I am starting to notice some positive changes, but I still have a VERY long way to go!

I am looking forward to getting to know you all!

Twisted Unicorn
oak

Re: Climbing out of my cave, trying to find my life & myself

Post by oak »

Hang in there! Thanks for posting.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Brooke

Re: Climbing out of my cave, trying to find my life & myself

Post by Brooke »

Hi TwistedUnicorn

I'm glad you are starting to feel better after going through hell of a lot! I also have medical conditions associated with my depression...it really sucks... It's good to listen to other people's stories when you are going through it yourself. I hope you get a lot of help here!

Return to “Introducing yourself!”