Hello, sick wife here

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
aloy
Issues: Depression, Anxiety, Overeating, Boundary Issues
preferred pronoun: she/her

Hello, sick wife here

Post by aloy »

Hello everyone

I found the podcast about a week ago. I have listened to countless episodes and I feel comforted.

At this point in my life, I am in a depressive episode due to getting a concussion because my husband and I were in a car accident. I had to quit work and stay inside away from the sun because my head either hurts or starts to hurt too much.

Its been about 10 weeks now since the accident and 6 weeks since the episode started. I have only recently been back to the psychiatrist to restart medication. These past two years I have struggled to maintain medication because I don't want to be on it. Looking back over that time, I struggled way too much when all i needed was a pill. To add onto my guilt I was lying to my husband that I had been taking the medication. The last time I took myself off of medication I promised him I would not do it again. I'm scared to be honest with him because I don't want to disappoint him. I don't want to be monitored or the one that needs to be taken care of. I have told him that I am depressed, but I haven't shared the thoughts I am having about myself and the situation.

To make things worse, sex has become a challenge. We love sex and exploring our sexual interests. Tonight I plateaued and had him stop after a while and broke down crying. I'm dreading the time it will take for me to experience my typical sexual pleasure once my meds kick in and i start therapy.

I'm hoping I can use this forum as a way to "talk" about what I am experiencing and be honest.

-Aloy
Beany Boo
Issues: Risk averse, conversation difficulty, relationship difficulty
preferred pronoun: He/him

Re: Hello, sick wife here

Post by Beany Boo »

Hey aloy, welcome.
Mr (blue) B. Boo

‘Out of nowhere the mind comes forth.’ - Zen koan

‘Let go or be dragged.’ - Zen proverb

‘Knowing how to yield is strength.’ - Laozi
HowDidIGetHere
Issues: Bipolar II, Borderline/Avoidant Personality Disorder, child abuse/neglect
preferred pronoun: he

Post by HowDidIGetHere »

Welcome. I relate a lot to your medication struggles, especially the difficulty being honest with your partner about it. I get so frustrated sometimes when I try to tell her how bad the side effects are, like being physically unable to get out of bed, and her only response is "go back to the doctor."

Glad the podcast is giving you something.
'The field “Issues” is too long, a maximum of 80 characters is allowed.' Wow. Totally outed by a message board.

WTF Just Happened?—a new web magazine on coming out as mentally ill.
aloy
Issues: Depression, Anxiety, Overeating, Boundary Issues
preferred pronoun: she/her

Post by aloy »

Beany Boo,

Hello and thanks.

HowDidIGetHere,

Thanks. Side effects can be horrible. In one sense I agree with her, but it is so much more than that. I have been telling my husband that I need comfort to guide him on how to support me.
-A

Return to “Introducing yourself!”