Me I guess

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
WesleyDWaters
Issues: Depression and suicidal ideation
preferred pronoun: He

Me I guess

Post by WesleyDWaters »

Hi I'm new here and unclear on how to go about this. 23 years old,I deal with depression and suicidal thoughts. Im looking to really find out about myself and find like minded people. If you want to know more just ask.
Namu
Issues: Frustration with life's rules, which seem arbitrary and too hard
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Me I guess

Post by Namu »

Hello, WDW. I see you're almost as new to this place as I am. May we both find some comfort and help here.
Tater888
Issues: Sexual abuse and neglect

Post by Tater888 »

I am new too... female 39. I deal with child hood and adult sexual abuse and childhood neglect. Here's to a happy life! :)
Namu
Issues: Frustration with life's rules, which seem arbitrary and too hard

Post by Namu »

Welcome, Tater888!

The issues listed in your profile are mine as well. When I filled out that part of the profile, I didn't realize it was asking for diagnoses, so what shows up as my "issues" is a thrashing attempt to sum up my life's struggles in a bit of prose; childhood and adult sexual trauma are certainly fundamental to my troubles. I've managed, finally (I'm nearly 50) to get pretty good at avoiding abusive relationships (or at least leaving them about ninety seconds after realizing they're unhealthy). Are you also now safe? Or are you still struggling with that part?

Thanks for chiming in.

Namu
tracingovals
Issues: depression, sexual and emotional abuse, suicidal thoughts

Post by tracingovals »

Hello other September new members! I just joined after listening to the podcast for a long time. I've been in therapy for awhile and deal with depression and sexual abuse. I'm 31 and debating about going to school to be a counselor. It feels a bit strange to need therapy and also want to give therapy. If anyone has thoughts on that, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Return to “Introducing yourself!”