New, Bipolar, at a crossroads in life.

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
kingflippynips
Issues: Bipolar, depression, anxiety, social anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

New, Bipolar, at a crossroads in life.

Post by kingflippynips »

Hello all!

My name is Taylor, I've been dealing with anxiety/bipolar for a little while now, though undiagnosed until just recently for the bipolar (about 2 months ago). Lost my job recently which has been difficult, and started new meds around the same time. I am currently working part-time for a pizza place and Lyft driving to pay the bills if just barely and with support from my parents.

I have a girlfriend who is wonderful, and after getting medication to control the hypersexuality, things have been a little less rocky with some work. I started a gym just recently and went to swim today, and I'm getting career counseling along with individual and couples therapy. I'm thankful that I seem to be making positive steps, but worry about the loss of those things considering the recent job loss.

I'm pretty thrilled to see a new phpBB board I can attach myself to, in high school I wasn't able to socialize very well and going on a forum for a sketch comedy group I enjoyed at the time kept me sane and introduced me to a lot of things that were good for my development. I don't know how the community is here, but everyone there knew each other by name and we occasionally exchanged letters and such. I hope to make some friends here, get and give some encouragement/support, and have a few laughs. Really excited to meet you all. :)
oak

Re: New, Bipolar, at a crossroads in life.

Post by oak »

Thanks for sharing! Welcome.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
kingflippynips
Issues: Bipolar, depression, anxiety, social anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: New, Bipolar, at a crossroads in life.

Post by kingflippynips »

Thank you. :)

Return to “Introducing yourself!”