Fellow mental health bloggers?

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
notfunatparties
Issues: ptsd/anxiety disorder, vaginismus, history of bulimia
preferred pronoun: she/her/they

Fellow mental health bloggers?

Post by notfunatparties »

Hey there.

Long time listener, first time topic-poster.

I'm a married white female who stuck her finger down her throat for years and then her face was bashed in by a laptop/airbag during a car accident. Also: yesterday my doctor ordered a referral for a physical therapist because my vaginal muscles have decided to involuntarily tighten when my long-term partner attempts to penetrate me, resulting in pain and sometimes tearing of muscle tissue. Yes, a physical therapist for my fucking vagina. I often wish I was naturally funny because I seemingly have so much readily available stand-up material. I also have (hopefully noncancerous) growing tumors in my right breast. I'm 29.

:violin:

...so how are you?

I've been combing the internet this morning for fellow mental health bloggers that seemingly have a similar tone/style as I do but I'm having some trouble finding websites I genuinely like. Are you a writer with a blog? Are you someone who blogs about mental health? If that's not your thing, do you have mental health related blogs that you enjoy reading? If so, I'd love to know about them! Please reply with links and maybe a little blurb about your blog or the blog you enjoy.

My blog: http://notfunatparties.blogspot.com/
The blog post I wrote for MentalPod: http://mentalpod.com/archives/4670 (Entitled "Why I'm Not Fun At Parties: On Facial Trauma")

I mostly write about my recovery & the stumbling, celebrating, & complete despondency I come into contact with. Coping skills, therapy appointments, FEELINGS, etc. Occasionally I will write about a book or whatver I'm into that is related to mental health or well-being.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

P.S. Read more about vaginismus (pain during penetrative sex) here: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/31/styl ... tions.html
P.P.S. Maria Bamford has an entire "Lady Dynamite" episode dedicated to vaginismus on Netflix!
P.P.P.S. No, it's not because a dick is too big or a vagina is dry. *eyeroll*
"You'll feel better if you leave the house." -a reminder on my bedroom wall
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Fellow mental health bloggers?

Post by bigeekgirl »

Hi! I read your mentalpod blog post super recently. Great stuff. You sound to me like you'd be fun at parties but I've also been told my definition of fun is a little "off."
notfunatparties
Issues: ptsd/anxiety disorder, vaginismus, history of bulimia
preferred pronoun: she/her/they

Post by notfunatparties »

Thanks biggeekgirl! I imagine I might be fun at a MentalPod party but until that happens you can find me in bed with my cat on my day off. Or avoiding saying goodbye to anyone at the end of my work shift. Y'know, generally running or hiding from face-to-face interactive situations & dreading semi-annual family functions.

*sigh*
"You'll feel better if you leave the house." -a reminder on my bedroom wall
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Post by bigeekgirl »

No shame in any of that. I have a habit of walking away from conversations or from the lunch table or leave for the day without saying bye. I had no idea until a co-worker pointed it out. Oops. Sorry, I was poorly socialized as a child.

It occurs to me you might dig The Bloggess. Jenny has a host of mental and physical disorders, plus she's just a plain old eccentric. Even her comment section is loving and supportive. http://thebloggess.com/

Return to “Introducing yourself!”