I don't know if I'm in the right place

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
No wonder woman
Issues: I don't really know. Sorry.
preferred pronoun: She

I don't know if I'm in the right place

Post by No wonder woman »

Hi guys
I'm so sorry if I've posted in the wrong place, or if this is ok to ask

I'm in a tough place and I don't know what to do. I've never spoken to anyone about anything before, professional or otherwise. But I'm sinking. There's so much I've never dealt with before and I don't want to. I'm just having a tough time I guess

I am really worried about asking someone for help and wasting their time. I don't want anyone to have to listen to me moan about my life, and most of it I don't want to discuss anyways.
But what else would I do? Sit in silence? Wouldn't that be a nuisance of me to someone

I'm sorry, I don't really know what I want. I'm just stuck at the minute. I don't want to be a burden to anyone. But I'm not sure I can carry on like this either.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: I don't know if I'm in the right place

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Don't worry about being a burden, you deserve to be heard. Please use this forum as a resource! All the best to you.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Post by brownblob »

I can relate to your post. The only I can tell you is that you can't carry on the way you are. As Paul would say, "How's that working for you?" Don't worry about being a burden just try to take care of yourself. Be selfish. I don't know what the answer is but I know that feeling of sinking and not knowing what to do.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
No wonder woman
Issues: I don't really know. Sorry.
preferred pronoun: She

Post by No wonder woman »

Thank you to you both I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

The thought of speaking to someone just terrifies me. The idea of saying things I've tried so hard to pretend didn't happen.
Or getting people into trouble.
But I feel like I'm just existing at the minute, just keeping my head above water.
I don't feel like I can make my burdens someone else's.
I'm sorry for the heavy. I just feel like it's all came to the top now and something is going to give.
Electric_Myst
Issues: Depression & Anxiety & maybe ADHD
preferred pronoun: She/her

Post by Electric_Myst »

I went to therapy for the first time at age 32. I felt weird and scared and resisted really getting honest in some ways even after I started going. It feels a little crazy at first to pay someone to listen to you, but that is why they do this work. You pay them so you can be a burden. And if you get a good one they can help you in ways you can't even imagine before going through it.

If you don't talk to someone it will just build up in you forever and come out in ways that are far scarier and more destructive and painful than letting someone in who wants to help you.

It's hard and uncomfortable, but it leads to something better, and you're worth it.

Return to “Introducing yourself!”