Hello - Don't Wanna Overthink This....

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Hello - Don't Wanna Overthink This....

Post by snoringdog »

Well, got past that first part!

I've been listening to the MIHH and THWOD for the last month or so, and they've been a great help to me. So many seemingly well-adjusted people are weighed down daily(!).
Not good, but good to know....

Was really anxious, depressed and harassed by repetitive negative thoughts. Been dealing with this since a teenager, and have been diagnosed with dysthymia. Low grade, but a constant PITA. And I do know what a full blown bout of depression feels like...

So, many interesting posts on the board, and I thought I could join in....

(Seems a little quiet lately though, guess I missed the party in 2017! - ('Most users ever online was 671 on July 21st, 2017, 11:11 am')

Thanks

Snoringdog
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Hello - Don't Wanna Overthink This....

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello snoringdog, welcome to our little forum. Feel free to use as a resource for however you see fit. We love to read your contributions.

Forum tips: You can keep up with all activity on the forum by clicking “View active topics” under the main Board index. And when you post, you can subscribe to the replies by clicking on “Subscribe topic” at the bottom of the page – you can also use this functionality to subscribe to new replies of any topic that interests you.

I am guessing that THWOD stands for "The Hilarious World of Depression". How is that podcast compared to MIHH?

Take care, all the best!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Manuel,

Thanks. I came across both podcasts at the same time and downloaded a bunch of episodes kinda as a lifeline (I know that sounds a little dramatic....), but I've always found solace in the spoken word.

Both have be great. Engaging, soothing & enlightening with in-depth interviews and insights from a wide range of people.

Hilarious World centers mostly on comedians and a few actors who struggle with MH issues. The first one was with Dick Cavett who has known depression since college, along with many of his well known guests over the years....

Regards

Snoringdog
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Post by brownblob »

Welcome to the board It has gotten pretty slow. I also deal with depression issues. The podcast has been a big help to me the last few years. I think of listening to it as my support group.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
snoringdog

Post by snoringdog »

Yes, things were pretty hopping a few years back, it appears.

Wish I'd known about this BBS at the time, I'd have jumped in to a few threads. Maybe I'll bump a few back up to see if anyone's interested...
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

Hey snoringdog,

I'm not glad that you have these issues, but glad you found your way here, and welcome.

I also listen to THWOD.

rivergirl

Return to “Introducing yourself!”