Hello Hello - RIP Delusional Thinking (Hopefully)

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
vanbammam
Issues: Depression
preferred pronoun: She

Hello Hello - RIP Delusional Thinking (Hopefully)

Post by vanbammam »

Hello all,

I'm a long time listener of The Mental Illness Happy Hour. This podcast has brought me through the darkest and happiest times. I'm so glad it exists.

I'll keep this short and sweet. I'm a mom with multiple kids. Single mom - husband passed away, abused by parents sexually and physically, and the hardest part for me to deal with - I've been having delusions for the past year. They are very scary and I break out in hives. The worst part is that the doctors don't believe me. I'm taking meds for depression and the delusions have calmed down but they are still there. They were about the end of the world, people out to get me, etc. I was hanging around a bad crowd so I think my brain made up a crazy store because I just wouldn't listen to the rational side of myself.

I'm interested in chatting with people who have gone through something similar. :)
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Re: Hello Hello - RIP Delusional Thinking (Hopefully)

Post by snoringdog »

Hello V,

New here too, and been listening to the podcasts for a few months. Haven't experienced what you're describing, but it doesn't seem too outlandish.... And it seems like you're now able to step outside yourself to objectively think about things.

Being alone lets us spin things up in our heads a bit, right? (speaking from experience)...
Brooke

Re: Hello Hello - RIP Delusional Thinking (Hopefully)

Post by Brooke »

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear that your doctor doesn't believe you...what kind of a doctor is that?! You are too valuable to stay with that incompetent doctor and need to start looking for ones that do. We're not paying these people so they can undermine us...!! I hope you can find a doctor who believes you and is willing to help.

Love,
Brooke

Return to “Introducing yourself!”