Let’s try this again…

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
RightInTwo
Issues: CPTSD, self loathing, self isolation
preferred pronoun: she

Let’s try this again…

Post by RightInTwo »

What I mean is, I’ve joined this forum before, several years ago, but lost my login info long ago.

I had pretty much given up on trying to get help or find support, online or otherwise. Nothing bad happened here or anything like that at all. It’s just how I am.

I continuously and methodically sever each and every connection I make in my life. I currently have one friend in this city, my boyfriend of 10 years, and my mom & family 1500 miles away. I have not had a job in about 4 years, and that situation is just getting worse. I cannot bring myself to face - yet again - the unbearable process of trying to spackle and paint my patchworked work history into a DaVinci sculpture, miraculously getting an interview, getting the job, and then being elated for a few weeks until it inevitably goes to shit.

I want to stop self-isolating and renew my search for understanding, and I have good memories and feelings about this place.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a chat room such as discord for this group or similar groups?
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Let’s try this again…

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello RightInTwo! Not aware of a Discord server with good, accepting and uplifting chats like the ones we have around here. But then I am not a Discord expert.

Don't worry, we will put our heads together and see if we can come up with something suitable. :)

In the meantime, don't be a stranger, dive into the threads and topics here. Keep the lines of communication open. All the best!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
RightInTwo
Issues: CPTSD, self loathing, self isolation
preferred pronoun: she

Post by RightInTwo »

Thanks Manuel.

I can see a couple of times people have started threads about the idea of a chat, but it appears that it never really caught on.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

Welcome to the forum, RightInTwo.

Thanks for sharing about your situation. You're not alone in self-isolating.

There are some really compassionate people on this forum, and I hope you'll soon feel at home here again.

rivergirl
oak

Post by oak »

Welcome back!

And yes, the job search is enough to damage/scar anyone, even a good, successful, quick job search. It is one of life’s great travails. (IIRC, “travail” originally meant work).

If you decide to try the job search again (and there seems to be no better time, until the robots take our jobs in ten years), I’ll be glad to stand by you.

I conducted a desultory, half hearted, diffident, lackluster, lackadaisical, insipid, meandering, listless job search last year. God must look after ex drunks too, because I’ve been verbally abused zero times since getting hired, which is a bigger deal than it may sound.

Which is just a long way of saying that there is absolutely hope. Still, a job search is a crisis, and should be considered soberly before beginning.

At any rate, welcome back!
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “Introducing yourself!”