So here’s a bit about me.

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
RocketShipInABox
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, OCD, Mesophonia, Tourette Syndrome
preferred pronoun: She, her

So here’s a bit about me.

Post by RocketShipInABox »

I am a 35 year old Female from Canada.

I was diagnosed at 13 wit clinical depression and chronic anxiety as well as OCD and Tourette Syndrome.

To start, I was one hell of a shitty teenager and my parents were saints to have put up with me. I was being treated but was unaware at the time that not every medication is a good fit and it most certainly was not a cure.

I’ve never been able to hold down a job so now I’m on a provincial disability program for income.

My diagnosed issues have been hell on wheels for me and I have never learned healthy coping mechanisms. Thanks to the podcast, actually, I’ve just been able to admit to family and friends that I have been self medicating and am indeed an addict.

I’ve also recently come to the realization that I am pansexual. I suppose I just assumed I liked men and that was that but now I’ve added my sexuality to the blender that is my mind.

Ive made attempts on my life twice in recent times and although I deeply regret it I have very severe suicidal ideation.

That’s the basic black and white of it. Me in a nutshell. I look forward to meeting you all.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: So here’s a bit about me.

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello RocketShipInABox. Thank you for being so open and honest. It was an honor to read what you wrote. You have been through a lot of pain, much more that you deserved.

Please keep the lines of communication open! All the best.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

Welcome, RocketShipInABox,

I'm sorry you're struggling with so much pain, but glad you're here. I hope to read more of your posts.

rivergirl
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Post by brownblob »

Hi Rocketship
Sorry that you've had to go through so much. I know how hellish it can be to deal with suicidal ideation. I hope you can find ways to cope with your issues and find some peace.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"

Return to “Introducing yourself!”