Hi, I'm Betty!

This is a great way to begin using the site and to give us a chance to get to know you. We can't connect with you if we don't know what's going on with you!
Killizabeth
Issues: Bipolar 1, Depression, Anxiety, PTSD
preferred pronoun: she/hers

Hi, I'm Betty!

Post by Killizabeth »

Hi fellow listeners!

My name's Betty and I've been listening to the podcast for a little over a year and decided to check out the community. I moved to a rural area a year ago and due to COVID and differences in politics and attitudes I haven't had the opportunity to meet new people with similar interests and struggles. As it turns out, most folks in farm country don't really know how to talk about mental illness. So between leaving all my friends 16 hours away and COVID I've been feeling very isolated. I tried joining my first local group for people with Bipolar disorder, but I hated the classroom vibe and condescending moderator. I suspect the Mental Pod community will be more my speed, and I'm hoping to find a space or two to talk comfortably. Specifically, I'm looking for groups or threads to talk about Bipolar disorder, but like most of you I there are a few different topics I could dive into- I also struggle with PTSD, anxiety, agoraphobia, misaphonia, and am a survivor of sexual assault and child molestation. I'm also interested in topics dealing with familial issues like alcoholism.

I honestly don't really know what else to write other than a generic bio so I guess I'll do that?

I love Public Radio and am on-air from time-to-time and LOVE finding new music, I have my own podcast because I love interviewing people about things they're passionate about, I have two dogs and three cats, I'm for once in my life in a healthy and happy relationship, I can't stand my family, and I make art for fun.

Again I don't really know what else to say beyond that, but if you have ideas on where to start with threads I'd greatly appreciate it! <3
ADD it up
Issues: mental illness, addiction, Chronic stalkers. Recovery burn out. Homelessness.
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Hi, I'm Betty!

Post by ADD it up »

Hi Betty, I'm new here too. Too bad no links allowed for now, I'd like to hear your podcast
ADDitup
Beany Boo
Issues: Risk averse, conversation difficulty, relationship difficulty
preferred pronoun: He/him

Post by Beany Boo »

Hi Betty, hi ADD it up,

If you click Active Topics you’ll find the latest posts.

Welcome!
Mr (blue) B. Boo

‘Out of nowhere the mind comes forth.’ - Zen koan

‘Let go or be dragged.’ - Zen proverb

‘Knowing how to yield is strength.’ - Laozi
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

Welcome, Betty.

I think whatever category you post in someone will generally find it and reply. There are also generic categories like "Do other people feel like you do?" and "How Do You Feel Right Now?" I don't think you can go wrong, just feel free to post anywhere any time.

rivergirl
ADD it up
Issues: mental illness, addiction, Chronic stalkers. Recovery burn out. Homelessness.
preferred pronoun: He

Post by ADD it up »

Hi Beany Boo. :D
Killizabeth
Issues: Bipolar 1, Depression, Anxiety, PTSD
preferred pronoun: she/hers

Post by Killizabeth »

Thanks everybody! :D
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Post by brownblob »

Welcome to the board. It can be quiet on here at times but feel free to post about anything.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Betty,

Welcome!

If you'd like, you could give us the name of your podcast or search terms, and we can look it up!
(Manny blocked links recently due to a bunch of spam postings).

As far a threads, it can be a deep-mining exercise since the board goes back to 2011 or so, but there are some good exchanges. Use the Search function...

Art-related tidbit - Search the web for Van Gogh Potato Eaters. Seems as though he was planning on revisiting it.
And some of his art-critic friends were kinda brutal in their assessments of the original :lol:

Wishing you well.

Snoringdog

Return to “Introducing yourself!”