LA Podfest 2016

Discuss getting together with other listeners on your own or at a live MIHH event
E is for Elephant
Issues: anxiety, depression
preferred pronoun: she

LA Podfest 2016

Post by E is for Elephant »

Anyone else going to LA Podfest this year?

I'm excited/terrified. I hate hate hate hate hate doing new things. It causes me a ridiculous amount of stress. But I'm trying to focus on the excited part.
Imissmysun
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, past trauma healing,

Re: LA Podfest 2016

Post by Imissmysun »

I wish...

I live in New York State - and I work just to pay bills - so - ummm I don't get to do much in the fun things dept -

Darn kids are sucking away all my "pretty years" ... wait I don't think I ever had any of those....

But I get the wanting to do new things being terrified and excited - but nothing happens if you do nothing -

So enjoy your something!
Just another messed up chick, who hates her body and face, and voice, and thinks she is useless and her stuff isn't that bad and she should get over it.
-Sarah St. Lunatic
emo
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, Panic attacks, unwanted thoughts

Post by emo »

I am!! & I'm trying to look forward to meeting new people, but I'm really just scared & worried that I will get out there & stay in my room the whole time!
& I am going ALONE! I've never been good at doing things by myself, so this is a big step out of my comfort zone. But I have wanted to go since the first year & have other life events get in the way, so this year I got a screaming deal on the plane tickets & nothing else on the schedule. I really am excited to go. We should plan a meet up???
E is for Elephant
Issues: anxiety, depression

Post by E is for Elephant »

I'm sharing a room with a podcast/internet friend who I've never met in real life. Part of me is terrified, but if she hadn't asked me to split a room, I'd probably have talked myself out of going again. I'm definitely down for a meet up, or just grabbing a coffee or whatever.
emo
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, Panic attacks, unwanted thoughts

Post by emo »

Wow! You are brave!! But I get it, I would do the same, I think for the most part podcast listeners (not that I know more than 2 or 3...) seem to be good people. Anyway, we should definitely meet at least for coffee. I asked my friend that lives near LA to come with me for at least one day. If she can get the OK from her hubby she'll be joining me for a little bit. But, I'm not counting on it....

Return to “Listener Events”