Bridgetown Comedy Festival

Discuss getting together with other listeners on your own or at a live MIHH event
Nevina

Re: Bridgetown Comedy Festival

Post by Nevina »

I just danced around in my chair like a crazy woman and clapped my hands and squealed. :dance:
When life gives you shit, make shitade.
Nevina

Post by Nevina »

Any chance of that listeners-read-surveys thing you were hoping to do?

And now that the schedule is out we should plan when our Meet Up should be! :)
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

I don't know if the schedule reflects it yet, but I'm also going to be a guest on the live taping of Walking the Room at 5 or 6pm on Saturday.

Plus, I'm in the process of finding a space to do a mass recording of listeners reading and responding to other people's surveys. I'm gunning for Thursday night around 8 and it running as long as it has a head of steam, perhaps as late as midnight.

As far as a straight-up listener hang out (with no recording taking place), I'm thinking about maybe Friday night after my 7pm show.

Follow me on Twitter @mentalpod for any last minute changes or updates.

I'll repost here as well as I get more info.

Paul :)
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.
serious_oregon

Post by serious_oregon »

I am totally down with getting coffee, eating tacos, awkward small talk, wandering aimlessly, telling bad jokes, whatever. I refuse to miss the MIHH at Mt. Tabor and plan on making that Saturday's schedule revolve around Paul's appearance. Basically, Paul, I would like to give you a hug and say, "Thanks for what you do" in person. (I may cry. I have hormone issues. I'm in my 40s. Don't run away... :lol: )

I'd love to hang out with all, uh, 3 of you above. What do you think?
"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." - Legendary singer/songwriter/poet Patti Smith
Nevina

Post by Nevina »

serious_oregon wrote:I am totally down with getting coffee, eating tacos, awkward small talk, wandering aimlessly, telling bad jokes, whatever. I refuse to miss the MIHH at Mt. Tabor and plan on making that Saturday's schedule revolve around Paul's appearance. Basically, Paul, I would like to give you a hug and say, "Thanks fora what you do" in person. (I may cry. I have hormone issues. I'm in my 40s. Don't run away... :lol: )

I'd love to hang out with all, uh, 3 of you above. What do you think?
Yes yes yes! This is gonna be so cool.
Paul Gilmartin

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

It's looking like the group recording is coming together for Thursday night at 8pm at Lewis & Clark college. Here's the info I got from Maddy, a student who is reserving the conference room where we're going to do it.

No parking permits are needed since the event's after 5, and the best place to find parking is near the stadium, like I mentioned. The meeting room we've got reserved is in the Templeton building, which is building 36 on this map:
http://www.lclark.edu/livewhale/content ... pusMap.jpg
Thayer is on level 2, the middle level, near the feminist student union and ATMs.

If you guys who are planning on coming to the group recording could start finding some survey responses that you could print out and bring with you, that would be great. I want it to be a "Me Too" kind of experience where we can read someone else's struggle and admit we too feel that way. If you have trouble finding the survey responses on the website let me know. You sometimes have to click on a few things within the survey to read someone's individual essay responses as opposed to the statistical stuff.

I'll bring some surveys with me as well, but I'd really like to hear what you think is worth printing out and talking about.

Regarding the live MIHH show: I would like to open and close the show with some listener fears and loves. Would you guys be down with saying yours on mic in front of the audience? Just a couple each. It could be backstage or onstage. Not sure which would be better. I'll have to see what the space looks like.

So if you're interested in sharing fears or loves at the live show, reply here and list some of each and we'll pick some. We'll probably do the same thing at the group recording on Thursday night. We'll probably finalize what Fears and Loves get said by whom in what order at the Friday night listener hangout.

And Serious Oregon, tears are always welcomed. So much better than vomit or pee.

Paul
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.
Nevina

Post by Nevina »

Three cheers for tears! Hip Hip Hooray!

Would anyone possibly be able to ferry me out to Lewis & Clark college? I won't have access to a car, and not sure how far away the college is from the rest fo the festivities. If not, I'll cab it. :)

Yes, I would totally share some fears and loves during the live MIHH. I'll even make a new batch of extra special fearful and loving ones.
Paul Gilmartin

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

Here's some more info on the group recording at Lewis & Clark College Thursday night April 18 8pm (till 11 or 12).

To make sure we don't overbook, RSVP to Maddy who has reserved the room for us, or who can help you if you get lost. Her email is maddyn@lclark.edu

And here are some written directions. She had suggested parking near the stadium and I asked what building number it was on the map referenced a few replies above this one.

Maddy replied:

the stadium is building number 1 on the map, and yes that is a parking lot. From the highway the directions are relatively simple: once you get off I-5 at exit 297, there is a lot of signage for Lewis and Clark. Stay on Terwilliger Boulevard until there's a fork in the road, then go up the hill and take the second exit in the roundabout, passing the Lewis and Clark Law School. After parking, head up the hill on foot to Templeton, which is a big white building. Thayer's on the middle level and once you get in the building, there are maps everywhere.

Paul
serious_oregon

Post by serious_oregon »

I can offer a ride. I am coming from the St. Johns area, so going through downtown is easy. Where might ye be exactly, Nevina?

I would gladly read fear and loves and anything else desired. I'm game. Down right gamey. I recently posted my own Loves, so I will bring those. I planned on working on my Fears tonight. I will also go through and look at the survey answers. I'm sure there is plenty I can identify with.

We Pacific Northwest people are game players, Paul! This is a god damn team.....annnnnd "Break".

Sal aka Serious_OR
"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." - Legendary singer/songwriter/poet Patti Smith
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Cheldoll »

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately! A couple things:

* Yay, we have at least four people for our hangout!
* I'm coming from out east, so depending on where you'll be Nevina, you can ride with me or Sal
* There are a lot of survey responses I love -- are there any particular surveys we should be choosing from? My favorites are Struggle in a Sentence and Body Shame, but they're usually pretty short
* In addition to reading the surveys I think it'd be cool to plug the forum a bit -- maybe we could talk about how the community has helped us, read some of the posts, something like that? Just to encourage more people to join
* I would totally read some fears/loves on stage. I'll come up with some later, since I was just reading some and don't want to steal
* Food. Can we bring it to Lewis & Clark? Can we go somewhere with food during the hangout?
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Return to “Listener Events”