When life hands you lemons...

Share your creativity; your loves, fears, journal/diary entries, poetry, etc.
HowDidIGetHere
Issues: Bipolar II, Borderline/Avoidant Personality Disorder, child abuse/neglect
preferred pronoun: he

When life hands you lemons...

Post by HowDidIGetHere »

So because I've got all this manic energy (and the insomnia that gives me the time to do something with it), I've decided to start a new web magazine.

It's called "WTF Just Happened?" and it will live here: https://medium.com/what-just-happened

I think the tagline sums up best what it's all about: "Stories about coming out as mentally ill — the first breaks, last straws—and how we started getting better."

Since it was this board that really provided the motivation, I wanted to invite anyone here who is a writer, wants to be a writer, or just wants to tell their story, to jump onto Medium.com and write up a submission. There will be no money involved (unless a miracle happens), so it's really just a showcase for interesting stories about being sick, hitting bottom, and getting well.

I'll be trying to write up a submissions page this week so that people will know what we're looking for, but in the meantime you can hit me up here. Or there. Or on Twitter (https://twitter.com/wjh_magazine). Or on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/wjhMagazine).

Because really—all you need to be a success these days are social media accounts, right?
'The field “Issues” is too long, a maximum of 80 characters is allowed.' Wow. Totally outed by a message board.

WTF Just Happened?—a new web magazine on coming out as mentally ill.
oak

Re: When life hands you lemons...

Post by oak »

Go for it!

Good luck.

Keep us posted.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
HowDidIGetHere
Issues: Bipolar II, Borderline/Avoidant Personality Disorder, child abuse/neglect
preferred pronoun: he

Post by HowDidIGetHere »

Thanks, oak. I'm kinda looking at it as a fun side project that might help me learn something new about publishing, content marketing, and maybe even how to make a writing career for myself. At the moment, I'm still just amazed that all the social media accounts were available. :lol:
'The field “Issues” is too long, a maximum of 80 characters is allowed.' Wow. Totally outed by a message board.

WTF Just Happened?—a new web magazine on coming out as mentally ill.
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Post by brownblob »

good luck
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"

Return to “Express Yourself”