Personal victory.

Share your creativity; your loves, fears, journal/diary entries, poetry, etc.
YouCantBeSerious
Issues: MDD. Depression is a bitch.
preferred pronoun: She

Personal victory.

Post by YouCantBeSerious »

After feeling like crap for a long time, getting taken advantage of, and constantly losing. Of trying and failing, and still trying again- I finally won. I stood up for myself. I came back from a horribly stressful situation, and made it my B. I still didn't get everything owed me, but since we're both out the same amount- getting even is a win.

An old boss took advantage of me. Big time. This jerk is taking advantage of people with limited options. Luckily I have more options than his usual victims. I stood up for myself, my legal rights, and he scoffed. I promised to be as big of a pain in the ass to him as he was to me. He was a giant pain in the ass.

Then began the harassment, the threats, the injury, the job loss, facing eviction. The eviction lawyer wouldn't listen. The judge wouldn't listen. The prosecutor cut me off. They stole my legal rights by not listening.

Then I stood up for myself again. He backed me in a corner and I played my hand. I blackmailed my way out of a situation, of homelessness and helplessness when the people who should have helped refused. I got out by knowing my rights and threatening to exercise them. Threatening to bring this horrible excuse for a human being to his knees. Threatening to expose all his unethical bs.

He was an A-hole. We both lost., but I got my way out. I got what was owed. I learned 2 important lessons. I hope his next victim isn't as nice as I was, because I know he didn't learn his lesson.
richardsalvo
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Personal victory.

Post by richardsalvo »

You feel very productive if you find out that you have done a great job.

Return to “Express Yourself”