Write long posts on your favorite local text editor, please

Important info regarding the site.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Write long posts on your favorite local text editor, please

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello, just a heads up that our little forum runs on not-very-sophisticated bulletin board software on a not-very-sophisticated server

the bulletin board software just doesn't have the ability to constantly save in the background drafts as you write a long post. That would be a nice feature, but that kind of sophistication is just not available at our price-point

please write long posts on your favorite local text editor running on the machine you are at, leave the editor open, and then, as a last step, paste and submit and get confirmation that the post was successful on the website

(if your post contains sensitive information, please, using DuckDuckGo, search for "how to delete files securely on your computer" - https://duckduckgo.com/ )

thanks!
MNyby

Re: Write long posts on your favorite local text editor, please

Post by MNyby »

Okay, now forgive me for being a pain in the _ _ _ , but the problem is not the auto saving of the draft - - - well, that might be another problem area I don't know about.

The problem is the auto logging off the board while doing a long post. That would relate to some sort of setting of inactivity the software thinks is happening while you are typing your post.

I saw your setting for the Who Is Online is 5 minutes, but I don't think that relates to a member being inactive on the board.

The problem has something to do with whether a member/account is actively moving around the board. Frankly, I have forgotten some of the admin controls, but I can figure it out when I find the time.

And as I wrote in the other thread, it may be related to whether a member checks the "Stay Logged In" thingy. [Sorry, I don't remember the exact vocabulary for that,] But I am rather sure the key is that, in my case just a bit ago, and from viewing a few posts in that other thread, we get logged out of our account while doing a long post.

Anyway, I'll have to get back to you on this as I have my monthly doc meeting and blood test today and have to start getting ready for that.
oak

Re: Write long posts on your favorite local text editor, please

Post by oak »

Word!

Been there, lol.

I'm a Sublime Text person myself, btw.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim

Return to “Announcements (Россия без Путина)”