feeling uneasy

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

feeling uneasy

Post by brownblob »

I am still working and I have mixed feelings. I am grateful to still be drawing a paycheck while other people are trying to figure out how to pay rent. But I also am fearful of being exposed to the virus. I work a manufacturing job and there are too many people I work with that don't get the seriousness of the situation or what social distancing means. We are deemed essential workers because it is food manufacturing, but it feels like there is a fine line between essential and expendable.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Re: feeling uneasy

Post by snoringdog »

Hello BB,

I understand. I'm feeling different (and a little paranoid) when I see and pass people on the street lately..

Are you wearing masks at work? We're all about to be advised to wear them in public to help prevent transmission by non-symptomatic carriers.
For those not taking it seriously, they should know that quite a few notable people have been infected, and some have succumbed.

Also - If you're in food prep, know that there are people counting on your work!

Stay vigilant, stay safe.

Regards

SD
Heatherwantspeace
preferred pronoun: she

Re: feeling uneasy

Post by Heatherwantspeace »

HI brownblob,
I don't have anything useful to say, but I do want to say I understand everything you're feeling. It's a very mixed bag of grateful to be busy and getting paid, but worried. I see those that are not nurses and doctors not getting PPE (it's in short supply, I get it) and being treated as...replaceable. It makes me angry and sad. Just know that I'm thinking of you and wishing you the best.
Heather

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”