Bald Bryan

Post discussions as new topics.
remarks
Issues: overeating, anxiety, seasonal depression, emotional incest
preferred pronoun: Hey You!

Bald Bryan

Post by remarks »

This is my first post on the forum. Listened to the podcast occasionally, but I've really become hooked over the past couple of weeks with the Dr. Zucker/Phil Hendrie episodes. Now I'm going back and catching up on ones from the past.

Anyway, as a big fan of the Adam Carolla Show, I was happy to see Bald Bryan get his turn as guest. I find that picture of him creepy for some reason. He doesn't usually creep me out.

I felt bad for Bryan because it was obvious at first that he didn't think he was deserving of being on the show because he's not depressed, abused, etc. However, it was nice to get insight into his whole cancer ordeal. My dad passed away from the same type of cancer and never talked about what it was like or how he felt, so this was a form of closure for me.

Another great job by Paul....and Bald Bryan too. The nice guys deserve attention...depressed or not.
The Sleeper

Re: Bald Bryan

Post by The Sleeper »

Sorry that this is just about the intro. Paul, I couldn't believe it when you mentioned "The Emotional Incest Syndrome"! I found this book at a library when I was in college. I felt like I could relate to the concept of the "chosen child" and wanted to read more. However, the title made me really uncomfortable so as soon as I got the book to my dorm room I hid it under my bed. I guess I didn't hide it well enough because the next time my friends and I were hanging out one of my male friends reached for it, held it up, and said "What is this?" His tone was totally neutral and nonjudgmental but I was so embarrassed to have a book about incest that I became really stern and growled "I would appreciated it if you didn't touch my belongings!" while I snatched it out of his hand. I returned the book to the library shortly thereafter, without having read it. And here you are, talking about it on your podcast in front of everyone! What a brave guy! Maybe I should revisit the book and actually read it this time.
apb7721

Post by apb7721 »

Fantastic episode!
Stina
Issues: Avoidant PD, Generalized Anxiety, Persistent Depression, Social Anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Stina »

I finally listened to this episode tonight, while I was out shopping. I got so distracted that I thought I left my phone at the register, but I'd in fact stuck it in my purse (wrong pocket though). Duh. Pay attention!

Two highlights:
- Bryan discussed his "dark place" parallel to depression. Nailed it.
- Paul bringing up how he has things to do around the house and doesn't get to them because it takes so much energy. I'm living that right now. Oy.
~~~ Kristina ~~~
weird and broken
LaiLaiGirl

Post by LaiLaiGirl »

Bald Bryan is an inspiration. He is a survivor. Everyone can learn something from him. I don't know what Aceman would do w/o Bald Bryan and his drops! Yes, I feel deeply depressed sometimes, but those drops make me smile every time. :lol:
I drink to make other people more interesting. ― Ernest Hemingway
Visit My Blog and leave me *your* two cents: www.lailaigirl.com
Stina
Issues: Avoidant PD, Generalized Anxiety, Persistent Depression, Social Anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Stina »

This board --
IT'S JUST A WASTE OF MY TIME
Just kidding.
:lol:
~~~ Kristina ~~~