tired of depression

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
penny

Re: tired of depression

Post by penny »

@weary--so glad to hear your wife is different, that's so crucial that she has an investment in getting better. i totally get what you're saying about 'how long to wait' though. i think the key might be the balance of just enough good times/ lighter days to keep you remembering why you love them, plus them having the capacity to be supportive themselves when you need it. but maybe that's oversimplifying too. it's these grey areas that are so stressful. :(

@meh--glad you know what I mean! sadly if it were possible it'd probably be like some scary sci-fi story where we'd lose a part of ourselves while we were 'on vacation'. i'm thinking Vanilla Sky or Brave New World. i keep thinking about trying meditation, and i'm sure i have time to fit it in, but actually sitting still to do it hasn't come easily. i'd say that's the closest we'll come to a vacation!
Stina
Issues: Avoidant PD, Generalized Anxiety, Persistent Depression, Social Anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Stina »

penny -
I've been reading your posts as I catch up on the past month's worth of entries and relate to them on a few levels. So along with everyone else who has already commented to you, you're no alone + one. :-)

And congrats on getting into a low-fee therapy arrangement! That helped me so much when I moved to this area and didn't have insurance for awhile. Good luck!
~~~ Kristina ~~~
weird and broken
penny

Post by penny »

Thanks Stina! Love the quote on your icon. It's great advice. Unfortunately my low-fee therapist didn't work out so well, but I've got a new recommendation from a friend so might try that out in the new year. Nice to hear from you and thanks for the warmth.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”