yo.

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
othelloprime
Issues: adhd
anxiety
binge eating & drinking
depression
self-harm
preferred pronoun: he

yo.

Post by othelloprime »

hi everyone. i'm a relatively new listener to the podcast and i love it. i have trouble concentrating on most podcasts because of the perpetual mind-storm (we'll get to that) but this one holds my attention. bravo!

please forgive my awful capitalization and punctuation. it helps me to relax when i don't obsess over details as much of my job is business writing. if you're ever having trouble getting my drift just let me know.

FUN FACTS!
  • sex: male
  • race: white
  • nationality: murican
  • some issues: congratulations you've made it to the fun part! i suffer from anxiety that disguises itself as adhd. or is it the other way around? i procrastinate horribly, which creates little problems that i turn into disasters. my mind is a cavalcade of one crisis-of-the-day or another. i don't think i've appreciated anything in the present moment for years. by and large, i can't even read (books) any more, which breaks my heart because i used to love to read. the distractions are simply too great to ignore most of the time.
  • childhood: surprisingly normal, so far as i can remember. i'm an only child. i was a fat, happy little boy with big academic talent. years 0-12 were pretty much a breeze. in high school my grades started to slip and my relationship with my dad deteriorated while i became best friends with my doting mom.
  • religion: atheist and hating it. in college i converted to roman catholicism under the auspices of a romantic relationship, then fell away from it as an adult. i really miss my spirituality, but i can't make myself believe any of it is real any more. this is the closest i've gotten to what i'm looking for.
  • huge toxic fear that i just thought of: that i'm a fraud for even reaching out for support because i don't have a mental illness. i wasn't ever abused or severely traumatized. my parents were upper-middle-class teetotalers who put a nice roof over my head and made sure to tell me how much they loved me. :violin: that i don't really suffer from anything, i'm just a fat immature lazy man-child that cries over spilled milk and hasn't found his bootstraps.
  • crippling phobia: butterflies and moths. please laugh. it is hilarious.
k, enough navelgazing for a day. besides, i'm at fucking work :doh: i'm looking forward to meeting all of you!

cheers,
OP
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: yo.

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello othelloprime, welcome to our little forum! Make yourself at home in the threads and topics here! :D

Forum tips: You can keep up with all activity on the forum by clicking “View active topics” under the main Board index. And when you post, you can subscribe to the replies by clicking on “Subscribe topic” at the bottom of the page – you can also use this functionality to subscribe to new replies of any topic that interests you.

You are not a fraud for not having a diagnosed mental illness. The important thing is that you don't want to feel alone.

All the best, cheers!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”