Hello everyone!

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
LisaHailey

Hello everyone!

Post by LisaHailey »

Hello everybody! :D My name is Lisa, I'm eighteen years old, and I live in Chesapeake, Virginia. I have been struggling with anxiety and depression since I was in 5th grade (about eleven or twelve years old). I had my first "nervous breakdown" at thirteen and tried to kill myself at the same time. I have been on various medications since then (Lexapro, Depakote, Zoloft, Prozac, etc.) I have also struggled with ADD and taken almost every drug you can imagine for that. I have found that Vyvanse works best for me. Recently, my doctor prescribed me Atenolol for anxiety. Has anyone else taken this?

Recently, I have been having a lot of panic attacks (I had four this week). The first one I had was at a 3D IMAX screening of Transformers 3. I don't know what triggered it, the big screen, the loud noises, being so late at night. I was sitting in my seat holding my boyfriend's hand watching the movie, and all of a sudden my chest tightened, my hands flew up to cover my mouth, and I started to sob. All my brain could think was "YOU'RE GOING TO DIE" over and over. My boyfriend saw there was something wrong and promptly took me home. I was still very shaken and had a hard time sleeping. Every night since then, I've had that same thought pop into my head right as I go to sleep.

Can anyone help?
the cheat

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by the cheat »

hi lisa.

you might want to ask your doctor about giving you a medication like ativan to take when you start to feel anxious. because, 4 panic attacks a week is pretty unacceptable. ask about breathing excersizes, too.
Eternally Learning

Post by Eternally Learning »

Hi Lisa! Welcome to the forum! I'm not experienced with medication, especially for anxiety, but it seems like your doctor needs to take a closer look at your medications if the attacks are that frequent. Hope you're able to get them under control soon.
The purpose of life is to make it mean something.
LisaHailey

Post by LisaHailey »

Thanks guys! I'm going to see my therapist tomorrow and talk to him about it. I'll post an update after
mikesfweb

Post by mikesfweb »

Hello, everybody I'm new on this forum. I'm doing computer engineering and i want gain knowledge, shares information and thoughts on this forum. Have a nice day.
Eternally Learning

Post by Eternally Learning »

mikesfweb wrote:Hello, everybody I'm new on this forum. I'm doing computer engineering and i want gain knowledge, shares information and thoughts on this forum. Have a nice day.
Hi Mike, and welcome to the forum! To kick things off, why don't create a new thread and share a little about yourself? Look forward to talking with you!
The purpose of life is to make it mean something.
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

Lisa,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find this to be a safe place to open up and talk about whatever is going on with you.

Paul
:D
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”