feel guilty about some things I did as a child

To start a discussion post a new topic.
kitkat

Re: feel guilty about some things I did as a child

Post by kitkat »

As everyone has said, you were a child and you need to forgive yourself! It was a long time ago and you deserve to be happy now. :)

As for myself, I did a lot of things when I was a kid that make me cringe now. I so realize that I was going thru a lot, though, and refused therapy and the like, while also convinced that I was losing my mind, soooo. On one hand, I am ashamed of my child self, who was mean to her sister and quick to get angry and all these things. But on another hand, if I look at it from a distance, I feel a sort of motherly compassion for my little self who didn't know how to handle the things around her or in her head.

Some good advice I think I heard on the podcast once was to look at yourself like a parent or someone else. Would you judge another child who did these things or would you think of them as a child who needs compassion?

That helps me sometimes. I hope you can forgive yourself. :)
littlecat

Re: feel guilty about some things I did as a child

Post by littlecat »

Hi,
I haven't check this post in a while and it was a really nice surprise to see the support that was here waiting for me. I feel so scared that I even posted this and that it will come back to haunt me but instead I keep finding pieces of wisdom, support and connection.

And you are all right about having compassion for that kid. She was lost and in hell and had no example of what boundaries were and a voice. I am an adult now and can take care of myself but that poor girl had no one. Life is different now.

Thank you for the support,
Little cat

Return to “Childhood”