Jesse Perez, I just wanna say

Post discussions as new topics.
EliCash

Jesse Perez, I just wanna say

Post by EliCash »

That was one of the most beautiful stories I have ever heard, ard. Just mind-blowingly honest, modest insightful conversations I have ever heard.

Also, Jeff that emailed Paul, I stopped being surprised or comforted by the idea that I am not alone, but I was shocked in the best way possible that I am not the only one who was so instantly moved and motivated by this podcast.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Jesse Perez, I just wanna say

Post by manuel_moe_g »

I is an inspiration (and sometimes a bit overwhelming) Paul's guests that just keep pushing on no matter how bad things get. In some ways I feel very fragile and vulnerable, and in other ways I am confident in my ability to just keep putting on foot in front of the other and keep pressing on.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
AnnaWall

Post by AnnaWall »

I, too, enjoyed Jesse's story. He is a very good storyteller and I wish him the best of luck as a writer. I see the talent in him. I continue to be impressed by Paul's skill as an interviewer. Love this podcast.
wait500

Post by wait500 »

Did not enjoy this drunk-a-log and glorification of the life that was led with the old drug stories and old gang stories. In the beginning of podcast, it was mentioned that it wouldn't be glorified but it was glorified. I get that these two admire each other but it was mentioned a bit too much. I'm glad for both their sobriety but I've heard people's stories at 12 step meetings.

I think its better when entertainers or artists are interviewed. I think those type of guests seek a deeper meaning and it is more relevant and insightful. At least to me it is.
Frootsy Collins

Post by Frootsy Collins »

wait500, I didn't get a sense of glorification from the interview at all. Jesse seemed to take pains to avoid telling the stories of his gang activity in a positive glamorous light and just told it matter-of-factly, at least in my opinion.
"How nice--to feel nothing, and still get full credit for being alive."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”