Dipping a toe

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
tangledlaces

Dipping a toe

Post by tangledlaces »

Hi forum friends.

I don't really know what to put here. I decided to join the forum after meeting a number of other listeners in real life and feeling like it was really neat to make a connection. I liked what I heard about the forum and thought I'd find some time to join in. I have some issues, same as all. I'm raising two kids, on my own right now, but normally coparenting with an ex. Both have serious challenges, but are worth it. I live in the great, green, and usually damp, pacific northwest. In the midst of stress or depression I tend to write as my escape and release. Pages and pages of paper have been sacrificed to this endeavor.

I hope to get to know you all a little better, help where I am and enjoy being part of a community that so exemplifies that none of us is truly alone.
MizLzie

Re: Dipping a toe

Post by MizLzie »

Welcome! Love the line about the Pacific Northwest - it's like magic when the sun comes out. :)
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Cheldoll »

Yay, forum friends! Welcome. I'm really happy you joined us. Sadly we can't give real hugs, but everything else is real. :)
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
tangledlaces

Post by tangledlaces »

Thanks MizLize, and thank to you too Chel. It was great meeting you at the college on Thursday. You've got such a bright smile. =)
serious_oregon

Post by serious_oregon »

Welcome, tangled! So nice meeting you and hearing your story. One of us is always around here some where if you need an ear (or eyeball in this case). I'm so glad you signed up on the forum. Let's all stay in touch and get together in the future for support...and hugs! :D

serious_oregon
"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." - Legendary singer/songwriter/poet Patti Smith
tangledlaces

Post by tangledlaces »

Thanks Serious_Oregon!

I will do my best to be involved. Time and energy are not always in vast supply but I hope I have something of value to give and know there is much here that is of value to learn.

Hugs to you and all.
serious_oregon

Post by serious_oregon »

We're all just really glad you're here, tangled. Don't worry about putting in time. Just come check us out when you can. I work 3 jobs and totally know what it's like wanting to be involved with something you've a genuine interest in, but not enough hours in the day to feel really connected. Regardless of how much you post, please know we are here for you any time you need someone to talk to, vent to, cry to...doesn't matter. You're one of us! (I don't mean that in a creepy, cult kind of way. I swears.) xo :lol:
"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." - Legendary singer/songwriter/poet Patti Smith
tangledlaces

Post by tangledlaces »

@Serious_oregon "one of us..one of us" aww and here I was hoping to have finally made cult status. Oh well. Maybe i'll just have to try making a zombie flick instead. Those get cult status all the time. =)

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”