Paul's request for feedback re: surveys

Post discussions as new topics.
ngh65

Paul's request for feedback re: surveys

Post by ngh65 »

Hi--Paul asked for feedback about whether he's been spending too much time with the surveys and emails. I personally feel like it has been a bit much lately. But that is only my personal opinion, and I don't think the surveys are bad or unnecessary. I can understand why people like them. Sometimes I do skip them so it's really not a big deal. I would not have commented about this, but Paul did ask so . . .

Anyway, was excited for the Blackhawks shout out from Paul! Wooo! Still celebrating here in Chicago.
lance

Re: Paul's request for feedback re: surveys

Post by lance »

I like the surveys, they offer insight into others and how some of our issues are all interrelated.
MizLzie

Post by MizLzie »

I understand how they can be seen as adding too much to the overall length of the podcast, but there is almost always at least one I can relate to, that I feel in my gut. I think they are an important part of this podcast,and as mentioned - can just skip them!
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

I feel that the surveys are worthwhile. Whenever I listen to an episode for the first time at least, I always listen to the whole thing, because then I can relate to the survey respondents. And the episodes proper are still as long and in-depth as they've ever been.

So I don't have any complaints about the survey segments of the shows. They're good to hear.
gfyourself
Issues: Emotional eating, dysthymia, anxiety

Post by gfyourself »

I like the surveys and emails. Happy to hear even more.
Herself

Post by Herself »

Maybe do surveys just at the beginning or end of the podcast instead of both? I've been skipping over those parts lately.
sdjustinr

Post by sdjustinr »

I have to agree with herself^. Don't get rid of surveys entirely but limit it to either before or after the interview. Just my opinion.
Listener Tom

Post by Listener Tom »

I enjoy the surveys, but my emotional ability to listen to them can depend on where I am at myself. I think putting them at the end of the podcast is a great idea, keeping an email portion at the beginning. I think leaving some of the more "heavy" emails and surveys at the end allows people who would like to listen to that portion the ability to, without others feeling the need to fast forward. I can *usually* tell if I am in the mood to listen to them or not.
"The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change." - Carl Rogers
kitkat

Post by kitkat »

I really enjoy listening to the surveys, it's like a mini interview before and after the actual interview. I just find people's stories fascinating. But it's whatever the majority of listeners want, hehe. Maybe, if people want to skip the surveys, you could have them just at the end of the show and then maybe a survey roundup episode like you've done before? Like, once a month or something. Or would that be a lot more work?
RationalMuse

Post by RationalMuse »

I really enjoy the surveys because other people's responses are what really make me feel not alone. I like it best when Paul has found a couple of surveys by different people, with relate issues that compliment the topic or issue or helps to reenforce that people from sometimes very different walks of life, families, culture and background can encounter the same shit regardless of the differences.

Too many surveys from one person will often end up with me tuning out or losing focus for a bit. Sometimes I feel like a kid when I used to watch Popcorn Playhouse (Canada only?) and wait staring at the screen hoping that the hostess would look through her magic looking glass and see me (say my name) at the end of the show. Is that just me?

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”