Being honest

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
AlbertFiennes

Being honest

Post by AlbertFiennes »

Hey!

So, in the spirit of internalized stigma about mental illness, I registered as a man, when in fact I am a woman. I don't recall if I said I was straight or gay. For the record, I'm straight with bi tendencies. I've recently turned 50. What does that mean? Hot flashes, bursts of rage, a relationship with a changing body that reminds me of turning 12. That's not why I write, however. I've been a listener for 2-3 years. I love the honesty and discomfort of Paul's podcasts. When I was going through the worst of my depression over 10 years ago, i felt so much loneliness because no one was talking about life and suffering in a way that sounded authentic to me. Bless everyone at mentalpod, and especially Paul!, for that honesty! It will save us and save our society. Party on Nerds!
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Being honest

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Please share more and contribute to our threads, AlbertFiennes!
AlbertFiennes wrote:Bless everyone at mentalpod, and especially Paul!, for that honesty! It will save us and save our society. Party on Nerds!
We shall party on together! All the best, cheers!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
oak

Post by oak »

Hello Albert.

I encourage you to identify with any gender or sexuality you like. And if that identity changes tomorrow, then hooray!

Playing with gender identity can be liberating, and dare I say transgressively....fun?
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Hallo Spaceboy

Post by Hallo Spaceboy »

I'm more of a spaceGIRL. As long as we're getting it all out there. :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”