ok... here we go................

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
wilted daisy
Issues: anxiety, depression
preferred pronoun: she

ok... here we go................

Post by wilted daisy »

Devastation. That has been the theme for the past two in a half years. Just utter devastation. I found out my stepson was arrested for murder of a child by a phone call from my mother. From that point on my life has been put on hold. Profound sadness, deep depression, and severe anxiety surrounding upcoming court dates that get pushed back. Always pushed back. Its sad to see the victim or the victim's families on the TV. Sad; they are always sad. But nothing is ever said or thought about when the person accused of committing the crime has family that is just as sad. The intrusive phone calls, emails, text messages, never asking how you are doing, but always wanting to know what the inside scoop is. No one asks how I'm doing.

I have watched my son go from proud Marine to sitting behind bars in just two years. Where did I go wrong? Guilt, how did I miss this? I should have made him go to the VA, I knew he needed treatment, I should have made him go.

I have cried all I can cry, I have eaten all the chocolate and drank all the wine I can drink. Its time to try to feel better..

Are my meds working? I don't cry in hysterics anymore, but I am still devastated.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: ok... here we go................

Post by manuel_moe_g »

I read your post. Please take care. You deserve more support than you have received.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
justsomeoneinacorner

Post by justsomeoneinacorner »

I'm so sorry. I've never been in a situation like yours, but I can see that it is truly heartbreaking. If you ever want to vent more, know that this is a safe space to do that.
wilted daisy
Issues: anxiety, depression

Post by wilted daisy »

thank you so much for your replies manual_moe_g and justsomeoneinacorner. I appreciate your well wishes. I have been going to therapy, but everytime the court date comes anxiety grows. and they just keep pushing it back. I really want to be on the back side of the trial. Current court date set for Monday. :|
donkarp
Issues: Recovered schizophrenic researching psychotherapy dissatisfaction.
preferred pronoun: he

Post by donkarp »

Hi Wilted--

Please tell us what happened with the court trial.

And how are you feeling?

We want to know.

Also it is good for you to be writing here about your self and to get to know others in the forum.
I'm looking for how I might help those dissatisfied with psychotherapy to find self care programs.
lost
Issues: anxiety

Post by lost »

I hope everything is ok, and court went ok.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”